Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion looking at Paolo di Canio....

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Yes I must admit that doesn't sound good if it is true. I think he is in big demand after our season.

Do you really?..Interesting, I think the last 14 or so games of our season would have somewhat lowered Poyet's stock to a certain extent. Unless he has a major rethink this summer and changes his views on a fews things, which he may well do, after all he is still learning his job as well. I am worried about next season already, that said it's a fresh start come August. But if we start the first 14 games like we finished the last 14 he won't be in such demand then, in fact he will be clinging to his job here for dear life. I would not be surprised if he decided to jump ship now, with his reputation still intact.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
No, you see it as natural progression. Di Canio wouldn't know Brighton from a hole in the wall. If we're a Premier League team in a few years time and Poyet moves on, THEN Di Canio might have heard of us. But in the meantime, I think some of us need to wind our necks in a little bit. The assumption that every manager in the game would bend over backwards to get the managers job here is extremely wide of the mark.

But he had heard of Swindon in league 2?..He will be off first good job offer he gets.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
But he had heard of Swindon in league 2?..He will be off first good job offer he gets.

I think you'll find he knows someone on the board. Either way, considering the season he has had there, he won't be off for the "first good job offer he gets". It's extremely ignorant to presume that he would leave them for us (or anyone else) at the first possible opportunity.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
I think that di canio is waiting for big Sam to f*** up and then his favourite english team West Ham will come calling.

He is a self confessed fan, and has said in the past he want to manage the hammers, but hey wouldn't touch a manager without experience after the Zola disaster. Hence why he went to Swindon to get some experience in english lower leagues.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
No thanks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here