Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Linked To McGhee In Today’s NoW.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Yesterday in the Sun Rosenior was favourite.

In today’s News of the World Mark McGhee is said to be favourite for the Albion job as Knight doesn’t want to pay compensation.

bigfanofcullip

Aug 12, 2003
Surely McGhee's wages would eventually be way more than the compensation we'd pay for Rosenior (who is on rolling contract anyway). Maybe I'm wrong but McGhee would definitely be after decent money. And he'd only sign a short term contract of 12 or 18 months anyway in my opinion.

I don't mind losing decent managers when they've done well AND we get compensation, but to see people do well and walk away with us receiving f*** all in compensation really is frustrating.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Hmmm, Roseinor in the Bun, McGhee in the Screws. Sister papers. Strikes me they probably don't have a scooby.

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
McGhee vs Coppell then if we meet again at all. That'll be some atmosphere. Millwall fans reckon we're the loudest they've ever heard. If they ever went to any non-Reading vs Millwall games then they'd know how quiet we usually are!

But we reserve a year's worth of noise for that one man. :wave:

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Radio 5 reckoned Dowie would be announced on Monday.

Whoever it is Dick - get him in now !

The team needs strengthening soon - if not our season's going down the pan.

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Lucky_Boy_Farang said:
Wilts said:
I've never heard Reading sing and I've been to many Reading matches between ourselfs. The atmosphere for Reading fans is non exsitance.

You've never seen us away from home then.

Or more to the point, you weren't at Withdean last year when we won 1-0. Or on many other occasions such as, watching only this Friday night against Sheff Utd. Didn't hear a peep out of them bar the odd "United", it was all RFC.

Just ask Forest fans :) They loved you and loved us for atmosphere. Kept saying that Div 2 clearly brings up clubs with decent fans, and I'll stand by that!

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
A friend from my 11 a side team drinks in the same pub as Mark Mcghee, (somewhere near Pangbourne) and apparently Mcghee was interviewed on Wednesday.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
yes because he goes around his local pub telling every man and his dog what is going on with Brighton and his own job appplications.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
y2dave said:
A friend from my 11 a side team drinks in the same pub as Mark Mcghee, (somewhere near Pangbourne) and apparently Mcghee was interviewed on Wednesday.

The omnipresent "reliable source" tells me that McGhee applied but hasn't yet had an interview.

I guess we'll all know soon enough...but that soon enough is not soon enough for most of us.:eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here