Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion last season: "Languidly clinical"

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
football-league-creation-vs-conversion-270212.png

According to this graph we created the equal-least fewest chances in the entire football league...what happened to Doncaster?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
What about one that shows efficiency against poorer opposition. I suspect that would be the worst one. Coventry away, Donny away, Barnsley away, Forest away, Palace home & away... 4 points from possible 18. We need to be much better against the poorer teams to be pushing for top spots this season.

Couldn't agree more. We really need to be edging it against the lower sides. I think our style means on our day we can beat the big boys of the league, it's just about finding a way to turn draws against poor teams into wins. There's not really much science involved here as far as I can see it other than signing more experienced players. I should think signing Kuszczak will earn us at least six points this season.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Funny, I thought we did really well against the lower sides, and pretty poorly against anyone in the top 8

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I saw some similar figures and concluded that our midfield needed improving as first decision and that our keeper and striker need were not so bad at Championship level. Striker conversion rate is the key. On the other figures, I think we came third behind Reading and Southampton on % chances converted. West Ham were close to our chance conversion rate and so were a lot of the clubs at the top except Blackpool.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here