Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Albion in Pride clash'

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
People who have WAITED AGES for a HOME game first game of the season.

Im FED UP of playing AWAY first game of the season.

did last seasons EPIC opener against walsall not count then?!

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Why not combine the two?

We can all watch the game together then do the Pride thing and spread jizz, shit and needles all over Stamner Park. Granted there is not as much passing traffic compared to Preston Park but I'm sure Pride will still get it's message across.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Why not combine the two?

We can all watch the game together then do the Pride thing and spread jizz, shit and needles all over Stamner Park. Granted there is not as much passing traffic compared to Preston Park but I'm sure Pride will still get it's message across.

TMLS likes this.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
WHY?

I'll be going to home matches myself, and couldn't give a shite as long as we play either first or second Saturday of the season at home.

But if we're away on the opening day, we could end up with the very first game at the Amex being a midweek League Cup 1st round tie.

*underwhelmed*

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I like Easy 10 comment. :lol:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
But if we're away on the opening day, we could end up with the very first game at the Amex being a midweek League Cup 1st round tie.

*underwhelmed*

Thank you Easy for some sense.

And lets get ROMANTIC for a second. We go up. Palace stay up.

FIRST game at Amex in the Championship Palace at home. :clap:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

*underwhelmed*

are you trying to say that barnet at home is not the sort of first game we should be looking at?

on the other hand, if crawley win promotion this season we could begin with a sussex derby AND kuipers will get to play the first competitive game there, which will no doubt please his fanclub

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
WHY?

I'll be going to home matches myself, and couldn't give a shite as long as we play either first or second Saturday of the season at home.

This.

*underwhelmed*

NOT this - the VERY first game, as you put it, will be a friendly. The first league game will be the first league game whenever it's held. I'm quite happy if it's a week later.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I've been to Pride a couple of times. I found it a bit boring apart from the fat man in the leotard with his bollocks hanging out either side.

I think we bend over too much for Pride, it's time for us to come first.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
NOT this - the VERY first game, as you put it, will be a friendly. The first league game will be the first league game whenever it's held. I'm quite happy if it's a week later.

Disagree completely. I don't count friendlies, thats just a practice, a ramp-up to the start of the season, the main event, the SERIOUS stuff.
The first PROPER game at the Amex, the Grand Opening, needs to be the first League match in my opinion. Not an inconsequential midweek noddy 1st Round Fizzypop League Cup game against Wycombe.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
This.

But friendlies dont really count do they.

Who says oh yes I was at Forest for the first game at Withers.

NO they say MANSFIELD.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
This.

The first FULL CAPACITY game will be the first league game.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Thing is any other year it doesnt matter. Its just that this is the FIRST and only time that we can have our own celebration and wouldnt it be great to have the FIRST LEAGUE GAME at out new stadium.

Instead of having to wait or like Easy says Wycombe at home...

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Didn't David Platt score the first goal at Withers. Or did I imagine it?

I know Gary Hart scored that day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here