Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Albion in Pride clash'

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
It's an article saying that the club have written to the football league requesting a home game first game of the season next year. The police have said both events cannot happen on the same day so pride have said that they will move it to another saturday.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
It's an article saying that the club have written to the football league requesting a home game first game of the season next year. The police have said both events cannot happen on the same day so pride have said that they will move it to another saturday.

bit of a non story then !!if Pride are happy to move there is no clash.

D

Deleted User X18H

Logistically difficult I would say, with the number of events in Brighton and Hove every August.

Pride won't happen next year FACT.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
We've drawn these guys in the first round of the Sussex Senior Cup?

n43219645261_4774.jpg

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
About f***ing time.

No reason why Pride CANNOT be moved to another day given over a years notice.

Maybe the end of July for example?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Really! It is to with the fact the first home game at Falmer and 2012 Pride won't be allowed on the same day.

I am sure someone mentioned it before!

Here for instance If the first day of the season is August 7th, same as Pride... - Page 2 - North Stand Chat

:facepalm:

Jesus wept. How many more times? Pride 2012 (the one where you're convinced the carnival won't happen) and the first game at Falmer ARE A YEAR APART.

However, now that we have one of the parties trying to re-organise one from the other for next year (that's 2011 Tiddles), then assuming the police agree - it ought not be an issue.

It's also vastly different from Hove Blind & Bigot saying 'Pride won't happen'.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I love this:

Erm, why? I won't be going to either event but have no idea why a new stadium and football should be a priority over everything else. Besides, what makes everyone so sure the stadium will be ready??

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
In that case we dont NEED one in Brighton then do we ducky! You can go SOMEWHERE else!

PRIDE is a fixture in calendars all over Europe and in some cases further afield, it sits within time scales of other pride events in the UK and Europe. SO IT DOES have a certain date.

You have waited for a new ground for 10 years or more, wait a bit longer. One game is not going to make any difference. Expecting pride to move, when you do not even know IF the FA will agree is asking too much. Pride brings much more money in to the City than a 2nd rate broke football team.

Simple solution is to move the 1st game to the next week. Forgive me if I’m wrong, but football is a Winter Sport so why is the 1st game in Summer?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Brighton football club has been around far longer then gay pride.Why should the football club move the goal posts?

THIS

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Why are people on either side getting so f***ing STROPPY over this.

Really, who gives a SHITE? ???

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Why are people on either side getting so f***ing STROPPY over this.

Really, who gives a SHITE? ???

i totally agree

does it matter on what day one event or the other happens, as long as they both take place?!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
People who have WAITED AGES for a HOME game first game of the season.

Im FED UP of playing AWAY first game of the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here