Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion in partnership with Texaco

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Pity we didn't have this deal in place when we were trying to sort out that player's contract with the offer of a free tank of petrol. Can't remember who, and to be perfectly honest, I don't really want to know.

But someone will tell me no doubt. Was it the Coca Cola kid? No, don't tell me.

Ok I won't tell you it was Bas Savage.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Ever since Obama had an attack of the xenophobic vapours after the Gulf of Mexico oil spill I have bought NOTHING but BP Ultimate diesel.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
In answer to my own query... Oh dear.

An ongoing lawsuit between Ecuador and Texaco/Chevron. Ecuador is a country I hold close to my heart.

ChevronToxico | The Campaign for Justice in Ecuador

While drilling in the Ecuadorian Amazon from 1964 to 1990, Texaco – which merged with Chevron in 2001 – deliberately dumped more than 18 billion gallons of toxic wastewater, spilled roughly 17 million gallons of crude oil, and left hazardous waste in hundreds of open pits dug out of the forest floor. To save money, Texaco chose to use environmental practices that were obsolete, did not meet industry standards, and were illegal in Ecuador and the United States.

Can't we use obsolete cooking oil for our coaches?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
What is the benefit to supporters - nil

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
How are we being 'encouraged' to use Texaco? Unless I've missed it there's no financial incentive for us to do so, and is somebody really sad enough to say to their mates: "Hey guess what petrol I've just put in my car? That's right, Texaco! Exactly the same brand as the diesel they use in the Albion coach!"

Sep 19, 2011
Cuckfield
How are we being 'encouraged' to use Texaco? Unless I've missed it there's no financial incentive for us to do so, and is somebody really sad enough to say to their mates: "Hey guess what petrol I've just put in my car? That's right, Texaco! Exactly the same brand as the diesel they use in the Albion coach!"

Just a sneaky suspicion, but the line on that press release of "If any Seagulls fans want to follow Albion home and away they are encouraged to fill up their vehicles at a Texaco forecourt"

Which, if truth be known, is probably the wankest attempt to encourage somebody to use a certain product in the history of mankind

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Just a sneaky suspicion, but the line on that press release of "If any Seagulls fans want to follow Albion home and away they are encouraged to fill up their vehicles at a Texaco forecourt"

Which, if truth be known, is probably the wankest attempt to encourage somebody to use a certain product in the history of mankind
Just saying it doesn't 'encourage' us though does it? 'Urged', 'begged', or 'implored' might have been better.

But yeah, as an ad campaign to try and get us to buy a particular product it is an epic fail.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Just had a phone call from a nice man from Texaco who said he'll be popping round this afternoon with my free gallon of petrol. He said every season ticket holder will be getting a free gallon so expect a call soon. 1901ers get two free gallons btw.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here