Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion get Paint pot first round bye

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Now I understand. BBC Sussex said we had got a bye in the League Cup Trophy. I was wondering what the hell it was.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Good news , another 90 minutes less to get to Wembley.

jimmypbha

Apr 5, 2009
NORTH STAND
To be honest there are better things in footy than the paint pot but it is really just a bit of fun.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
fancy us doing really well again this year...wembley here we come!

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
When I go to the new Wembley to watch a competitive football match for the first time I want to be part of a capacity crowd for a Brighton match that matters not some joke of a trophy like this.

Play-offs ...yes :clap2:

Piss-pot trophy....no thank you, not interested and so much so that I'd be annoyed if we got to the final as I'd have to go (obviously, as its us) but it just wouldn't have that "hairs on the back of the neck" tingle that I got in '83 and '91 at the old wembley and at Cardiff so would not feel right. :(

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
When I go to the new Wembley to watch a competitive football match for the first time I want to be part of a capacity crowd for a Brighton match that matters not some joke of a trophy like this.

Play-offs ...yes :clap2:

Piss-pot trophy....no thank you, not interested and so much so that I'd be annoyed if we got to the final as I'd have to go (obviously, as its us) but it just wouldn't have that "hairs on the back of the neck" tingle that I got in '83 and '91 at the old wembley and at Cardiff so would not feel right. :(

Exactly, going to the paint pot trophy final at Wembley would be proof that we are supporting a tin pot club, which as Tier 3 we obviously are, let's not advertise it by getting all excited about winning it. Watch the BIG teams in this division get out of it as soon as possible, they know the embarrassment a Leeds/Southampton/Norwich/Charlton win would bring :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here