Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion get Paint pot first round bye

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
Albion have received a bye in the first round draw for the Johnstone's Paint Trophy and will join the competition at the second round stage.The Seagulls were one of 16 clubs awarded a bye for the First Round of this season's Johnstone's Paint Trophy.

FYI
The Round One Draw will take place on Sky's Soccer AM programme on Saturday 15th August 2009 and will be split into four sections.

Northern Section - West: Accrington Stanley, Bury, Carlisle United, Crewe Alexandra, Morecambe, Oldham Athletic, Stockport County, Walsall

Northern Section - East: Bradford City, Burton Albion, Chesterfield, Darlington, Huddersfield Town, Lincoln City, Rochdale, Rotherham United

Southern Section - West: AFC Bournemouth, Bristol Rovers, Cheltenham Town, Hereford United, Northampton Town, Torquay United, Wycombe Wanderers, Yeovil Town

Southern Section - East: Barnet, Brentford, Colchester United, Dagenham & Redbridge, Gillingham, Millwall, Milton Keynes Dons, Norwich City

Ties will be played week commencing 31st August 2009.

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
is this east/west a new thing? How much further are they going to split it?!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I really really hope we treat this competition with the disdain it deserves and play the stiffs in every round.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I really really hope we treat this competition with the disdain it deserves and play the stiffs in every round.

:ohmy: I ruddy love the tinpot cup... we have a realistic chance of going to Wembley, which I have never seen us do. I was on the edge of my seat during the penalties at Luton last year.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
So Icy and Dougal...if *if* we should have a wemberlee day out I take it you wouldnt go based on those comments? Thats not to say I disagree with you.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So Icy and Dougal...if *if* we should have a wemberlee day out I take it you wouldnt go based on those comments? Thats not to say I disagree with you.

Who knows, but I felt absolutely no excitement for the game against Luton that should have seen us playing at Wembley if we'd had a clue what we were doing, and I had no intention of going to Wembley if we'd won..BUT that probably had something to do with my total lack of interest in the Albion at that stage as Adams had us playing the worst football since Gillingham..who knows maybe I would go, I hope I don't have to make the decision as I'd rather watch us do something in a proper cup ( not win it obviously :lol:).

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

Would go but doubt would be that bothered about the game in the same way I did for say the play off final. Would be a day out more than edge of seat stuff

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here