Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion fail in bid to re-sign Cullip

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
edna krabappel said:
And Peter Taylor seems to be doing alright for himself...

Peter Taylor made a backward step. He went back to Division Three and took Hull up and now is aiming to do the same thing in Division Two/League One this season. He'd already achieved this three seasons ago with us. So he is almost in the same position now that he was back in 2002.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Fair enough, but Hull look well set to go up, they have a superb stadium, a board with plenty of money, and the resources to mount a decent challenge next season (if QPR can get close to the play offs in this league, I'm sure Hull can).

Whereas we are no further forward than we were when he left in real terms.

Some people might argue Taylor knew exactly what he was doing...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That would have been a SUPERB bit of business if McGhee had pulled it off. Sell Cullip to Sheff Utd for £250k, and a dozen games later we've got him back on loan for NUFFIN.

Damn, hope that deals not totally dead. :D

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
perth seagull said:
Peter Taylor made a backward step. He went back to Division Three and took Hull up and now is aiming to do the same thing in Division Two/League One this season. He'd already achieved this three seasons ago with us. So he is almost in the same position now that he was back in 2002.

I bet he's getting paid more now than he was then!

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
We are BOUND to go back agin for Cullip before 1700 thursday... just wait for it

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
We are BOUND to go back in for Cullip before 1700 thursday... just wait for it

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Would Cullip actually want to come back here rather than try his luck elsewhere? Presumably he's in the driving seat, having a recently signed contract, he can sit it out until an offer he likes comes in ? Adams, Taylor, Coppell next season

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
perth seagull said:
Peter Taylor made a backward step. .

What everyone forgets is that when Taylor quit ITV digital were still apparently throwing money at Div 1, so we were the very very poor relations with absolutely no chance of staying up. Once ITV digital went down the pan most clubs in the division had to offload players which levelled the playing field considerably. The budget was then increased dramatically once Coppell took over but we still went down.

Taylor did exactly the right thing, if you consider what he was apparently offered AT THE TIME.

Last edited:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
so it looks like we are getting NO ONE

is McGhee over in Le Harve ?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Hove&Albion F.C said:
:clap2: :drink:

Didn't no Cullip had fallen out with Warnock though! ???

My normally reliable Blade, tells me that Cullip had Warnock by the throat on the training ground, in front of the whole squad. He will not play for them again.

If it is true Cullip will be popular all over the country - everyone hates Warnock.

PS. Anagram competition; Which Sheffield United manager's name is an anagram of COLIN WANKER? ???

Wilts said:
Hopefully coming to Reading

Hopefully coming to Reading

Already here at Reading!

All in the same division.... at the moment. I think that is more indicative of your success in bouncing back from Div 2 last year than actually the players moving sidewards. The ability of BHA to grasp victory from a painfully restricted situation is second to none and I don't think it is really a problem for players to move on and the club to still succeed.

Respek Wilts, rarely a truer statement has been written even by our own fans. :clap:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Uncle Buck said:
Yes, picking up some decent cheese and cheap wine.....
putting the wine in Midfield ???

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Caveman said:
:ohmy:

Seems anyone who leaves the Albion doesn't really go on to better things.

Zamora
Cullip
Adams
Taylor
Coppell
Brooker
Sidwell
Barrett

The list goes on.

All in the same division.

ER... DAVID LEE?

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Caveman said:
:ohmy:

Seems anyone who leaves the Albion doesn't really go on to better things.

Zamora
Cullip
Adams
Taylor
Coppell
Brooker
Sidwell
Barrett

The list goes on.

All in the same division.
ER.......Lawrenson
robinson