Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Deal or No Deal - Right its April 1999 at Hove Town Hall ...

D

Deleted User X18H

...Albion are again at the wrong end of League 2 and pretty skint
after the Jeff Wood shambles.

A man in a white suit and dark glasses comes up to each of you and advises this;

In about 12 years (yeah sorry) the Albion will have an amazing 22500 seater stadium will be top of the Champoinship for while , have signed a international striker for 2.5 Million under the noses of West Ham and Liecester will also sign a player who played 40 times for Spain and in Champions League Final (alright non playing sub) again under the noses of Liecester. We will have Gus Poyet as manager, a squad so brimming with talent a premiership loanee has trouble getting in the side and oh yeah we'll be on Sky three times in just over a month. Will be finanically secure and average around 20000 per home attendance. Matches are sold out weeks in advance.

The only thing is you might, on occasions, have to wait up to an hour to get a train home, or half an hour to queue for a specially organised bus. You might not be able to get a pie somtimes at half time or a beer (occasionally)

Someone might move the banners and flags the fans put out.Sometimes in the corperate area you can't wear replica tops or trainers and you MIGHT once get over charged for a beer and have to get your FREE coffee out of a flask. Yes corperate area!

Oh yeah the team might lose sometimes and one of the players who was good one time might have a few off games.

So deal or no deal?

Last edited:

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
All good points, HB&B.

As an exile who was a season ticket for many years at The Goldstone and Withdean, I would have loved to have had those problems back then.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Just for once HB, that is a cracking post :thumbsup:

Some people need this to get things into prospective.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Sorry if I'm being dumb. Who is this premiership loanee?Also, it's presumably the people who couldn't be added to go then that are moaning now.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
For the first time I got on the train immediately after the match on Saturday and I have to say, although the queue looked insane, it actually went down quicker than I thought it would do! We are VERY lucky to be where we are now, 12 years ago we would have bitten arms off for an opportunity like this. I will never moan about trains again.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
To be honest I'd just smile politely and ignore him.

I think tb has made his money by running things well? Would he not like to know his stadium is not taking as much money because of bad service and planning? I would have thought they would welcome problems getting highlighted? Pretending problems don't exsist gets other people off the hook and loses my football club money!:moo:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Even if the queue to Park & Ride is sometimes slow, it still doesn't take as long to get home as it did from Priestfield. People would do well to remember that.

(OK, I now live in Dubai and haven't popped my Falmer cherry yet, but I was a STH when we were at Priestfield so feel justified in making this comment).

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
...Albion are again at the wrong end of League 2 and pretty skint
after the Jeff Wood shambles.

A man in a white suit and dark glasses comes up to each of you and advises this;

In about 12 years (yeah sorry) the Albion will have an amazing 22500 seater stadium will be top of the Champoinship for while , have signed a international striker for 2.5 Million under the noses of West Ham and Liecester will also sign a player who played 40 times for Spain and in Champions League Final (alright non playing sub) again under the noses of Liecester. We will have Gus Poyet as manager, a squad so brimming with talent a premiership loanee has trouble getting in the side and oh yeah we'll be on Sky three times in just over a month. Will be finanically secure and average around 20000 per home attendance. Matches are sold out weeks in advance.

The only thing is you might, on occasions, have to wait up to an hour to get a train home, or half an hour to queue for a specially organised bus. You might not be able to get a pie somtimes at half time or a beer (occasionally)

Someone might move the banners and flags the fans put out.Sometimes in the corperate area you can't wear replica tops or trainers and you MIGHT once get over charged for a beer and have to get your FREE coffee out of a flask. Yes corperate area!

Oh yeah the team might lose sometimes and one of the players who was good one time might have a few off games.

So deal or no deal?

DEAL,DEAL,DEAL,DEAL,DEAL,DEAL,DEAL.....etc

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think tb has made his money by running things well? Would he not like to know his stadium is not taking as much money because of bad service and planning? I would have thought they would welcome problems getting highlighted? Pretending problems don't exsist gets other people off the hook and loses my football club money!:moo:

Has it been established that the club take a percentage of the profit from sales of food and drink or a sum of money from the catering tender? I'm sure some of these problems will be ironed out in the future but fans will always find something to whinge about.
Great post hove b&b. Deal.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
And your chairman will spend 95 million on the stadium but you WONT be able to get a cup of tea at half time! Sort of sums it up really!:moo:

I am sure the money lost on a few half time cup's of tea are being made up by the many functions that are being held there.
I have just passed the Amex (8-30am) and Bennet's field car park is full.
Take a flask if it is that important to you.

I for one am very happy with everyting Amex.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Good post (for a change) by HB&B - just look at how far we have ome.

BUT, CONSTRUCTIVE critisism re Tansport and Catering should be encouraged, after all, withoutr feedback nothing would get improved.

i am sure the money lost on a few half time cup's of tea are being made up by the many functions that are being held there.
I have just passed the amex (8-30am) and bennet's field car park is full.
Take a flask if it is that important to you.

I for one am very happy with everyting amex.

why lose money on tea? It should be a win win situation! Plenty of people are not bothering with refreshments because of slow service,this will add up to tens of thousands over the season!:moo:

even if the queue to park & ride is sometimes slow, it still doesn't take as long to get home as it did from priestfield. People would do well to remember that.

(ok, i now live in dubai and haven't popped my falmer cherry yet, but i was a sth when we were at priestfield so feel justified in making this comment).

took 90 minutes to get home from gillingham takes the same time getting back to hove from falmer!:moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here