Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Annouce Worthing Friendly

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
An 'Albion XI', with another friendly the previous evening?

Does the club actually listen to the fans? :shrug:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
An 'Albion XI', with another friendly the previous evening?

Does the club actually listen to the fans? :shrug:

Surely organising this friendly is an example of listening to the fans. So, it may not be on a Saturaday and it almost certainly won't be the first team. But, the fans asked for a friendly at Worthing and a friendly at Worthing is what we got.

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
Surely organising this friendly is an example of listening to the fans. So, it may not be on a Saturaday and it almost certainly won't be the first team. But, the fans asked for a friendly at Worthing and a friendly at Worthing is what we got.

So, using your logic, a youth team would suffice, would it?

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
I'm not saying its perfect. However, surely this is better than nothing?

Obviously not.

The attraction of the previous Worthing friendlies was that the fans could go en masse and see probably 15-16 first team players, who were likely to figure during the season, and get an idea of what to expect...

Tacking on a friendly at the last minute, with fringe players, just isn't the same IMHO

Lush

Mods' Pet
Last year we played quite a few consecutive games with different combinations of players (different strike partnerships, centre half pairings etc). Maybe it will be the same this year? What's the point of having potential first teamers sitting on the subs bench?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
The attraction of the previous Worthing friendlies was that the fans could go en masse and see probably 15-16 first team players, who were likely to figure during the season, and get an idea of what to expect...

Tacking on a friendly at the last minute, with fringe players, just isn't the same IMHO

Can't argue with that :thumbsup:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

Better oppo means better pre season and therefore (hopefully) a better season. You got your friendly whatever team turns up you should be happy with it

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Is this going to be the worst of both worlds, i.e. £12 to get in to see a bunch of kids and stiffs?

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Albion announce Worthing pre-season, Met Office announces sun to rise in the East tomorrow, Santa Claus confirms Christmas on December 25th this year.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Is this going to be the worst of both worlds, i.e. £12 to get in to see a bunch of kids and stiffs?

I agree. It's a kop out from the club on this one. I wish they had stuck to their guns and said that we won't have the friendly rather than doing this when clearly it will not be the first team squad playing.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Well as this is a "fixtures" thread I think Winkers comment on the original thread is worth another airing:

This will give a good opportunity for Hawkins, Dixon and El-Abd to reclaim their positions in the starting XI again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here