Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion after 3 new players

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
John Boy said:
Can't you get money from the PFA if you retire through injury? (Like Ben Roberts)

Yes. Ben Roberts didn't take his.

le ros bif

Jan 3, 2007
sw france
algie said:
What are you talking about?I am being reasonable.I feel our bubble has burst.No investment in the squad,cheap option appointing Chapman.Thin squad etc.Think i've got it about right.Also drop in gates support my prediction as well.So we have had our fair share of sucess have we?So it's ok for the club to go backwards now?Thats where we are heading
SPOT ON!!!!:shootself

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
algie said:
What are you talking about?I am being reasonable.I feel our bubble has burst.No investment in the squad,cheap option appointing Chapman.Thin squad etc.Think i've got it about right.Also drop in gates support my prediction as well.So we have had our fair share of sucess have we?So it's ok for the club to go backwards now?Thats where we are heading

So what do you suggest should happen ? There's no point dripping like a tap stating the bleeding obvious regarding investment. Now listen carefully, NO ONE OF A FINANCALLY ASTUTE CHARACTER IS GOING TO INVEST MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF MONEY INTO A CLUB THE DOESN'T HAVE A GROUND AND SUBSEQUENTALLY NO F**KING ASSETS (101 - how not to loose your money):ohmy: .... and breath.

Algie, face facts .. , we operate on a shoe string, whereas other clubs can sail very close to wind wrt finances and take risks, mainly because they have assets ( ground) that would convince an administrator that the Business is worth saving, we haven't so we can't.
Life's a bastard, so's running this football club.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
junior said:
Anyway......lets start some NSC type speculation as to who the 3 players are..............................:lolol:

ok I'll start

Paul Kitson, Jason Dodd and Warren Aspinall

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
John Boy said:
Can't you get money from the PFA if you retire through injury? (Like Ben Roberts)

If you have to retire through injury you might get a small lump sum from the PFA, depends on what, when and why though.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Would your entitlement to sick pay not be dependant on your contract of employment? When your entitlement runs out you should be entitled to statutory sick pay which at present is a very generous £70.05 a week for 28 weeks.

BTW are we talking about Adam Hinchelwood here.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Barrel of Fun said:
He's got two kids? :eek: How old is he!?

23/24 so not that young to have produced a couple of sprogs!! Tank was a fully fledged single dad at 21!

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Race said:
If you have to retire through injury you might get a small lump sum from the PFA, depends on what, when and why though.

It probably only seems a small amount to you super rich "footballers wives".....but to us poor supporters, scraping by on 3 shillings and sixpence a week, living in a grimy bedsit, drinking from a chipped cup at a broken table, trying to find a shilling for the leccy meter.....it would seem like quite a lot.....

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
cjd said:
It probably only seems a small amount to you super rich "footballers wives".....but to us poor supporters, scraping by on 3 shillings and sixpence a week, living in a grimy bedsit, drinking from a chipped cup at a broken table, trying to find a shilling for the leccy meter.....it would seem like quite a lot.....

Yeah cos Albion players are all super rich and dont have have to worry about paying the mortgage and bills and feeding kids :rolleyes:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Race said:
Yeah cos Albion players are all super rich and dont have have to worry about paying the mortgage and bills and feeding kids :rolleyes:

:lolol: I don't think he was being serious!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here