Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion after 3 new players

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
So says Dean white in the argus and they will be good enough to go straight into the first team
???

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Believe it when i see it.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
algie said:
Believe it when i see it.

Whats the betting that on Jan 31st just before the window closes we have Dick Knight saying we nearly got him etc etc.And the only player we sign yet again is f*** all

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I very much doubt we will sign anyone on a contract.Just loans.Our squad just gets thinner and shitter every season now.Our back to back championships etc are long gone.I honestly think we have had our time now untill Falmer is sorted out

Last edited:

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
algie said:
I very much doubt we will sign anyone on a contract.Just loans.Our squad just gets thinner and shitter every season now.Our back to back championships etc are long gone.I honestly we have had our time now untill Falmer is sorted out

The begging bowl will come out from the club again soon

Sensible words on Elder.

Seagulls want three signings
By Andy Naylor
Albion are trying to bolster their baby-faced squad with a hat-trick of more experienced recruits before the close of the January transfer window.

The Seagulls have identified the need for more nous as they try to battle their way clear of relegation trouble.

Assistant manager Dean White revealed: "We are at the moment trying to sign one or two players, probably three actually.

Advertisement continued...
"It's very important that we improve the squad, to help the lads that are here already. The club in general needs that little bit of a boost as well.

"They will definitely be players of real benefit to the squad. There are no guarantees they will come here but certainly we'll be looking to get players who can come into the team straight away.

"They will be experienced players.

"There is a lot more investment in experienced players and finances at the club are so tight that we have to be so sure about the players we are going for."

Albion's triple transfer bid coincides with the double blow of losing both skipper Dean Hammond and Kerry Mayo through suspension for tomorrow's key visit by Millwall.

"Dean Hammond was probably one of the best players on the pitch at West Ham," said White.

"Kerry's done well when he has played and he's expereinced. They are two experienced players.

"Dean is only 23 but we class him as an experienced player for us. They are going to be significant losses but we have got to dust ourselves down and get on with it."

Arsenal loan signing Joe O'Cearuill, 19, makes his home debut in defence but 21-year-old former Billericay striker Nathan Elder will probably have to settle for a place on the bench after scoring for the reserves at Whitehawk in midweek.

"He's done okay," White said. "He needs to improve his fitness. I don't think he realised the difference between the non-League and League in standard of fitness.

"He hasn't been at a League club before, that's the difference between him and Alex Revell.

"He had been at a League club (Cambridge United) and knew a certain amount about fitness levels when he came here.

"Nathan has not experienced anything like it. He needs to work hard at his fitness and other aspects of his game, then he'll be fine.

"When I went to watch him I saw raw talent, something we can work with. Only time will tell. Part of it will be down to us but a big part of it will be down to Nathan's appetite to work and improve."

Flu-hit boss Dean Wilkins stayed away from the training ground yesterday. He is expected to be well enough to try and guide the team through an end to their five-match losing run in all competitions.

4:00am today

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
algie said:
I very much doubt we will sign anyone on a contract.Just loans.Our squad just gets thinner and shitter every season now.Our back to back championships etc are long gone.I honestly think we have had our time now untill Falmer is sorted out

Be reasonable, we've had more than our fair share of promotions over the last six or seven years.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Juan Albion said:
Be reasonable, we've had more than our fair share of promotions over the last six or seven years.

What are you talking about?I am being reasonable.I feel our bubble has burst.No investment in the squad,cheap option appointing Chapman.Thin squad etc.Think i've got it about right.Also drop in gates support my prediction as well.So we have had our fair share of sucess have we?So it's ok for the club to go backwards now?Thats where we are heading

Last edited:

algie said:
What are you talking about?I am being reasonable.I feel our bubble has burst.No investment in the squad,cheap option appointing Chapman.Thin squad etc.Think i've got it about right.Also drop in gates support my prediction as well.So we have had our fair share of sucess have we?So it's ok for the club to go backwards now?Thats where we are heading
...or we could just be levelling off at our natural position in the league structure. Bit boring maybe but there is not a lot that can be done about it.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
London Irish said:
...or we could just be levelling off at our natural position in the league structure. Bit boring maybe but there is not a lot that can be done about it.
I would be very happy to consolidate in league 1 for a season or two

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
algie said:

I'm sorry, I don't read posts from people too lazy to put a space between sentences. :wave:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Juan Albion said:
I'm sorry, I don't read posts from people too lazy to put a space between sentences. :wave:

1-0 to Algie:clap2:

You must of read it to notice the lack of spaces you turd:jester:

You obviously have no answer to my post:wave:

Last edited:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
It is a shame we can't put in a bid of £50k or something for Currie, a player like that would be enough to secure midtable in my book! I do have this nagging feeling about relegation which would be an absolute disaster.

Again, is it not worth spending on the squad to make sure we are playing at a decent level come Falmer?

Biscuit said:
It is a shame we can't put in a bid of £50k or something for Currie, a player like that would be enough to secure midtable in my book! I do have this nagging feeling about relegation which would be an absolute disaster.

Again, is it not worth spending on the squad to make sure we are playing at a decent level come Falmer?

As is often the case with these things, I'm willing to bet it's not really the headline £50k figure that is the problem - more the fact that his wages would have sky-rocketed from what we were paying him last time. Whether our wage structure could accommodate him just at the moment in his career when he is probably looking for his last big pay-day, I am sceptical.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
London Irish said:
As is often the case with these things, I'm willing to bet it's not really the headline £50k figure that is the problem - more the fact that his wages would have sky-rocketed from what we were paying him last time. Whether our wage structure could accommodate him just at the moment in his career when he is probably looking for his last big pay-day, I am sceptical.

I think you could well be right. It is often the wages that stop these deals happening. People thought I was being harsh on Hinshelwood on the other thread, but I honestly think if he has a injury threatening injury to let him go and use the wages on a new signing..

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Biscuit said:
I think you could well be right. It is often the wages that stop these deals happening. People thought I was being harsh on Hinshelwood on the other thread, but I honestly think if he has a injury threatening injury to let him go and use the wages on a new signing..

So he doesn't get any sick pay with a missus and 2 children to support?
:nono:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Squad is a bit thin at the moment, losing Hinsh, Reid and Charlie on long term injuries hasn't helped. I would be happy if we got in a couple of experienced players on loans till the end of the season, just to ensure our current league status, then did the re-building in the summer when hopefully the foundations will be laid at Falmer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here