Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion 6 (players wearing gloves) Burnley 0

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I do it all the time when running…….poor circulation in my hands, only place I really feel the cold. Extremely common to see runners in tees/vests and gloves :shrug:

This. I used to run very regularly and would wear gloves from October to April on windy days or very cold days or the circulation would go in my fingers. I also get it in my toes. It's called Raynauds.

It was that cold up in the WSU yesterday that I got it in my toes despite trainers and two pairs of socks, one thermal.

We lost yesterday because we were forced into playing four at the back with a poor CB combo thanks to Dunk's stupidity and Biss, who has clearly had his head turned, decided it was above him to protect them.

Also three very good finishes.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Couldn't care less about gloves.

Being played off the park by Burnley grieves me more.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
In my experience it’s usually foreign players who wear gloves, and the foreign players who do sign for Burnley probably have to try and hide the fact given the town and people who live there.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
As a Raynauds sufferer (smaller capillaries in hands/feet than non-sufferers) gloves are essential through Autumn/Winter, often two pairs at once. It is more common in black people than caucasians. I can relate to short sleeves with gloves as the extremities are the issue, sod the arms.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
In my experience it’s usually foreign players who wear gloves, and the foreign players who do sign for Burnley probably have to try and hide the fact given the town and people who live there.

It's was astounding they only fielded 9 white players yesterday, I guess it was an away game

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Ah it's all coming out now. We lost yesterday due to selling big Dan and too many of our players wearing gloves :)

Jokes aside really don't get the glove wearing and think it's just a fashion fad.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I plead Guilty, your Honour.
I played football before yesterday's game over the road on the Uni 3-g pitch. I wore my old "Argentina" stylee Albion short-sleeved shirt and gloves, (and shorts, socks and boots of course). Out of eighteen players, I was the only one wearing gloves.
Apparently, when you reach sixty five, you have to keep warm!
We lost 7-8 so perhaps next week I won't wear the gloves, win, then die of hyperthermia?!!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I plead Guilty, your Honour.
I played football before yesterday's game over the road on the Uni 3-g pitch. I wore my old "Argentina" stylee Albion short-sleeved shirt and gloves, (and shorts, socks and boots of course). Out of eighteen players, I was the only one wearing gloves.
Apparently, when you reach sixty five, you have to keep warm!
We lost 7-8 so perhaps next week I won't wear the gloves, win, then die of hyperthermia?!!

ADB843EC-817F-4B81-9621-FA8FC5AD8EB5.jpeg

Gloves?
:lolol:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I’m with you on this. I used to religiously count up the gloves at the start of a match and concluded every time the team that had the most would lose on a bad weather day. Good point, well made. We need to man up a bit.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
It must be nice to come from a town without prejudice. :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here