Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albert Jarrett scores for Watford?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Uncle Buck said:
Is there a press article with this in it, please say there is...

There is, I viewed it yesterday but can't find it at the minute.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Remember last season when we played Eastbourne United he turned up late and was made to sit out the first half :lolol:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Uncle Buck said:
Find it, please....

I am trying, I'm sure it was on a website very early this morning called Donny-Mad or something like that and was the main article, I can't seem to find it now though :(

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
It just says on their official site that he was offered a deal and turned it down and decided to look elsewhere. I'm still trying to find the other article though.

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
All three of the trialists that Rovers have been checking on this summer have now left the club. Aaron Brown returned to Swindon Town follwoing the Hull City game after failing to impress, with Derek Asamoah leaving the following day.
Yesterday, it emerged that Mark McCammon had been offered a contract, but had turned down the terms offered, so he has now left to look for another club.
Asamoah featured on the substitutes bench for Scunthorpe United in their 2-1 victory over Leeds United last night.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Maybe the Watford manager is more of a man motivator than McGhee. That won't be difficult.

:D

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
DONCASTER Rovers boss Dave Penney will resume his search for a striker today after failing to land Mark McCammon.

Less than 24 hours after proclaiming the virtues of the 6ft 2in trialist forward, Penney suffered a setback yesterday when McCammon rejected a one-year deal.
"I think that Mark would have done us a good job," said Penney. "We made him what we felt was a good offer which he decided to reject so he left the club.
"We have other irons in the fire but we'll take our time; there is no rush. It is important that we get the right man."
One player who did put pen to paper on a contract yesterday was teenage midfielder Anthony Griffiths.
Penney has made no secret of his liking for the former Glasshoughton Welfare player since he broke into the first team and decided to offer him a new three-year deal.
"It is reward for what Anthony did in the closing weeks of last season and what he has done so far in pre-season," said Penney.
Striker Paul Heffernan celebrated his first start in a pre-season game, following groin surgery in the closing weeks of last season, in last night's 2-2 draw at Notts County.
Heffernan, who played for the Magpies earlier in his career, opened the scoring during a bright start by the League One side.
"It was nice to see Heff among the goals," said Penney. "He played 45 minutes, which was always the plan. He wanted to play a bit longer but we didn't want to risk him.
"We also wanted to give Jon Forte half a game and he did well, troubling them with his pace."
Reflecting on the game, Penney said:"It was an excellent workout and you learn more about your players in these sort of games than you from playing teams like Real Sociedad.
"They were very direct and caused us problems. I didn't think that we dealt with things very well in the first half and conceded two soft goals.
"But we did better in the second and drew level through Jason Price.
"We could have won the game late on when Bruce Dyer hit the post, but a 2-2 draw was probably a fair result on the night."
The Supporters' Club are holding their AGM at the Rovers Return tonight.
Sheffield Wednesday's transfer-listed former captain Glenn Whelan is refusing to give up his place without a fight.
The Republic of Ireland Under 21 international wants to try to force his way back into Paul Sturrock's squad.
26 July 2006

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Kinky Gerbils said:
Derek Asamoah maybe worth a look
Just what I was thinking, although perhaps similar to what we've got already.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
graz126 said:
hasn't mccammon gone on trail at doncaster?

DO you mean Doncaster Magistrates, for impersoninating a football player

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Wardywonderland said:
Remember last season when we played Eastbourne United he turned up late and was made to sit out the first half :lolol:

Actually, come to think of it, did Albert ever APOLOGIZE for that? ???

He was one of our BESTIST players, and mm had no clue what to do with him. I think we could have made a promotion side with the lads mcghee mismanaged - Kuipers in goal, Leon Knight up front, Alex Nicolas, and Albert Jarrett in the midfield, soon to be joined by CKR any minute now I expect......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here