Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Alan Wilder’s entire record collection up for grabs in Hove

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Not sure how true it is but Danny Baker tells a mean story in one of his books.
Basically he chucked a load of old vinyl in a skip for space purposes.
Forward 10 years or whatever, he got another skip at a new house I think, and when he answered the door it was the same skip man.
Matey then informs him he still has the collection and would he like them all back?
As I say, great coincidence if true.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
This is very funny. Luckily my collection was mostly albums and 60-70% have been re-issued over the years. I'm still looking for a couple of long players by a band called Waysted that I loved as a teen....I doubt these will be re-pressed.
Seem to be quite a few available on ebay, tho I dare say you've already been down that route. Also one on Amazon currently

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
This is very funny. Luckily my collection was mostly albums and 60-70% have been re-issued over the years. I'm still looking for a couple of long players by a band called Waysted that I loved as a teen....I doubt these will be re-pressed.
I remember Waysted supporting Maiden on the Powerslave tour. Let me know which ones you are looking for as I think I might have them in my vinyl collection which is currently residing at the back of the garage.

I avoided a major issue with my vinyl as Mrs DCH was going to put them up in the loft. Thankfully I managed to stop her as they would have melted given the heat in our loft during the summer!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I remember Waysted supporting Maiden on the Powerslave tour. Let me know which ones you are looking for as I think I might have them in my vinyl collection which is currently residing at the back of the garage.

I avoided a major issue with my vinyl as Mrs DCH was going to put them up in the loft. Thankfully I managed to stop her as they would have melted given the heat in our loft during the summer!
They were a great band.

Wow. The two I'm looking for are The Good The Bad The Waysted, on the legendary Music for Nations label. And the Waysted EP.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Seem to be quite a few available on ebay, tho I dare say you've already been down that route. Also one on Amazon currently
I have looked periodically but never saw any copies in decent condition.....and always hang back in the hope they might be re-pressed.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Was surely just a question of time before Alan went down this route. Probably wants to enjoy the silence rather than listening to old music all the time, have himself a new life.
Yes, it's important to get the balance right.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
When CDs came along, I sold all my vinyl and replaced most of them with the CD version. Over time I came to hugely regret this and about a decade ago embarked on a lengthy and costly program of trying to remember what I had and re-purchasing it. I decided there would be no re-assessment of the merits of any album....if i owned it then it had to be re-purchsed regardless of what I now thought; paying 80 quid for a 'rare' Saxon vinyl was painful. When I say rare, it's rare not because it's a sough after collectors item...it's rare because it was crap and no one bought it. Some of it was a real joy and some of it quite emotional, I remember buying a bunch of Rush re-issues around the time Neil Peart died.

Suffice to say I will never repeat this folly and as I type I sit in a room with circa 2000 CDs and a 500 vinyl albums.
Never ever sell your Rush albums!!

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
They were a great band.

Wow. The two I'm looking for are The Good The Bad The Waysted, on the legendary Music for Nations label. And the Waysted EP.
I'm sure I bought both - will try and have a look at the weekend for you.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
She would say that tbf, he's her dad....

Wonder if any Fad in his collection...I'm at the Speedway GP that weekend so missing out arghhh

She would say that tbf, he's her dad....

Wonder if any Fad in his collection...I'm at the Speedway GP that weekend so missing out arghhh
I’ll let her know that she doesn’t have a mind of her own then. 🤦

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I wish I hadn't read this. When I was younger, I had a very large collection of vinyl and remember being somewhat broke and having to sell off most of My Frank Zappa / Mothers collection. I've just had a look and remember selling originals of Waka/Jawaka, We're Only in it for the Money, Lumpy Gravy and Freak Out in amongst a couple of dozen others.

Another brilliant investment decision :dunce:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here