Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Alan Wilder’s entire record collection up for grabs in Hove

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If I still lived there I’d be all over this. Not only to buy stuff but to also to just see his collection.

Does he have a Hove connection ?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
My best mate and I were both DJ's in the past. For him it was early 70's to late 90's working pubs in the Chertsey area. He has a collection of wooden Schweppes boxes full of singles. For me it was '72 to 2003, mostly full time, and my collection is in the 1000's of singles, 12" singles and albums. I have 100's of CDs but they just aren't the same. We both agree that we could never ever get rid of our collections.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My best mate and I were both DJ's in the past. For him it was early 70's to late 90's working pubs in the Chertsey area. He has a collection of wooden Schweppes boxes full of singles. For me it was '72 to 2003, mostly full time, and my collection is in the 1000's of singles, 12" singles and albums. I have 100's of CDs but they just aren't the same. We both agree that we could never ever get rid of our collections.
When CDs came along, I sold all my vinyl and replaced most of them with the CD version. Over time I came to hugely regret this and about a decade ago embarked on a lengthy and costly program of trying to remember what I had and re-purchasing it. I decided there would be no re-assessment of the merits of any album....if i owned it then it had to be re-purchsed regardless of what I now thought; paying 80 quid for a 'rare' Saxon vinyl was painful. When I say rare, it's rare not because it's a sough after collectors item...it's rare because it was crap and no one bought it. Some of it was a real joy and some of it quite emotional, I remember buying a bunch of Rush re-issues around the time Neil Peart died.

Suffice to say I will never repeat this folly and as I type I sit in a room with circa 2000 CDs and a 500 vinyl albums.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If you use Instagram have a look at londonsuburbia, really interesting photos mostly of art-deco buildings.
Thanks, this is good to know. London has some gems, some of the Picadilly line stations are glorious e.g. Southgate.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
When CDs came along, I sold all my vinyl and replaced most of them with the CD version. Over time I came to hugely regret this and about a decade ago embarked on a lengthy and costly program of trying to remember what I had and re-purchasing it. I decided there would be no re-assessment of the merits of any album....if i owned it then it had to be re-purchsed regardless of what I now thought; paying 80 quid for a 'rare' Saxon vinyl was painful. When I say rare, it's rare not because it's a sough after collectors item...it's rare because it was crap and no one bought it. Some of it was a real joy and some of it quite emotional, I remember buying a bunch of Rush re-issues around the time Neil Peart died.

Suffice to say I will never repeat this folly and as I type I sit in a room with circa 2000 CDs and a 500 vinyl albums.
When my brother split up with his missus, he had to leave behind his cherished collection of punk records. Could normally still access the songs via CD, Youtube, Spotify etc. but it wasn't the same. So after a while he set about rebuilding his collection. Luckily most of it seemed to be available. It was only after he'd bought a fair few items from the same seller, that he realised the seller was his daughter 🤣

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The person that runs the account also likes a trip to the coast, I’ve seen photos from Worthing, Saltdean and St Leonards.
I have just started following it. It's great. I have always had a lay interest in architecture, this is right up my street.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
When my brother split up with his missus, he had to leave behind his cherished collection of punk records. Could normally still access the songs via CD, Youtube, Spotify etc. but it wasn't the same. So after a while he set about rebuilding his collection. Luckily most of it seemed to be available. It was only after he'd bought a fair few items from the same seller, that he realised the seller was his daughter 🤣
This is very funny. Luckily my collection was mostly albums and 60-70% have been re-issued over the years. I'm still looking for a couple of long players by a band called Waysted that I loved as a teen....I doubt these will be re-pressed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here