Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alan Velasco

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Boom there you go... as a few of us predicted. No magic bullet 40 million striker. More smart and affordable recruitment from South America.
It isn't either/or.

I don't think we can afford £40 million for a striker, but getting Ryan, Walton ?, Bernardo, Duffy, White ?, Burn ?, Băluţa, Bissouma ?, Pröpper ?, Izquierdo, Jahanbakhsh ?, Tau ?, Andone ?, Mlakar, Gyökeres etc. etc. etc. off the wage bill would help the budget to recruit just 3 new senior players ( GK, Striker, Left defender ).

Add in Khadra, Ostigård, Molumby ? and Clarke ? to the squad and we would be nicely set up for next season.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
This is the way to go I believe, look for ultra talented youngsters from abroad especially in markets that represent decent value like South America / Asia etc and buy a few . If even a small number come good , the club either sells them off for a profit or they are good enough to stay like Moder etc

To buy a young top striker that is a significant upgrade on what we have from the PL or the french / Italian league would cost 3 x the amount and still no absolute guarantee they would settle in to our team .

Sensible planning - i dont think Connolly is ready yet for another season in the PL - he needs loaning out to improve his decision making .

If we go by that logic, we'd have to loan out Maupay, Welbeck, Connolly, Zeqiri, Trossard, Mac Allister and Bissouma. Their decision making in the final third is tragic at times.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Seen £6 million being touted around as the price. According this article that would be a snip:

https://www.planetfootball.com/tren...-next-star-just-dont-call-him-the-new-aguero/

From what I've read, we won't be getting him for 6 million. Reckon it'll take double that, easy. But we'll see.

There won't be a shortage of rivals for his signature either. The one thing that gives me hope is our recent successes in the South American market with Ally Mac and Caicedo.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
From what I've read, we won't be getting him for 6 million. Reckon it'll take double that, easy. But we'll see.

There won't be a shortage of rivals for his signature either. The one thing that gives me hope is our recent successes in the South American market with Ally Mac and Caicedo.

Yeah think if we do get him it will be for much more. But like you said we seemingly have decent contacts in that part of the world

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If we go by that logic, we'd have to loan out Maupay, Welbeck, Connolly, Zeqiri, Trossard, Mac Allister and Bissouma. Their decision making in the final third is tragic at times.
When is the new limit on the number of players we can have out on loan comes into force? We may have to let some of out current loanees just go for little or nothing to comply.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
When is the new limit on the number of players we can have out on loan comes into force? We may have to let some of out current loanees just go for little or nothing to comply.

2022/3 is the year it drops to a maximum of 6 players, but that only applies to players 22 or over. No limits on players under that age, I believe.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon
Boom there you go... as a few of us predicted. No magic bullet 40 million striker. More smart and affordable recruitment from South America.

That all being said, I would be very surprised and disappointed if this was our lot regarding recruitment up front

Although this kid does look very very promising indeed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here