Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alan Smith

Beeercan

Jul 14, 2005
Colchester
I'm sitting here watching the manure match, and listening to the albion, and i'm being impressed by Alan Smith

Liked him up front, and now i like him in midfield

Could he do a job for us, or England? Discuss

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
He's a better midfielder than a striker, he has a shocking goals/game ratio. Actually has more yellow and red cards than he does goals scored for his time at Leeds. I always rated him, still do as a player, as a person notsomuch.

Sammy the seagull

Aug 10, 2005
Brighton
Beeercan said:
I'm sitting here watching the manure match, and listening to the albion, and i'm being impressed by Alan Smith

In a word..........NO

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
my opinion is that he can become a very very good midfielder.....he,s strong , he can tackle and he can pass......

a striker he is not because he isnt cliical...

Hopefully he can make a name for himself as a midfielder

Sammy the seagull

Aug 10, 2005
Brighton
Brighton Boy said:
my opinion is that he can become a very very good midfielder.....he,s strong , he can tackle and he can pass......

a striker he is not because he isnt cliical...

Hopefully he can make a name for himself as a midfielder
He cant really pass that well and he cant takle atall thats why he get so many bookings. In my view he aint good enough to play for man utd. Should be at fulham or sommit!

E

enigma

He's not a great tackler. He's more likely to be the new Scholes than Keane.

Benfica had a few players that impressed me-

Luisao the centre back
Petit the defensive mid
Simao the winger

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Gordon McQueen on sky slated him for his inability to tackle properly which resulted in the Benifica free kick and goal.

I hope that he never gets anywhere near an England shirt again in any position as he isnt good enough in either position striker or midfield.

E

enigma

BensGrandad said:
Gordon McQueen on sky slated him for his inability to tackle properly which resulted in the Benifica free kick and goal.

I hope that he never gets anywhere near an England shirt again in any position as he isnt good enough in either position striker or midfield.

He's a useful target man, but Crouch and Heskey would probably get the nod ahead of him.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Alan Smith in Midfield (when we have SWP, Lampard, Gerrard etc) fook off.

Wasn't it his stupidly timed tackle last night that led to the free kick that got the goal for Benfica.

Alan Smith - No thanks, hes a f***ing liability

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Beeercan said:

Mrs.Kraay agrees with you. She looked up from her magazine, and asked "Who is he, with the hair, he looks nice?"

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
Alan Smiths a w*****r,
He fcuked off to Man U,
We don't give a fcuk,
Cos we got Danny Pugh

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
No way, his career had early promise but he hasn't come on since joining Man Utd despite being surrounded by stars. Not enough goals, dodgy temperament, can't tackle, turncoat.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
robbied69 said:
Appears like another Leeds player, James Milner. A decent player but does anyone know his position.
Right wing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here