Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alan Smith

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
No thanks. Couldnt do a job in his prime. Saga are looking at him for a face and Bupa!

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Could add him to the catering staff i guess

Cant see an ageing player up rooting his family to the other end of the country for a division lower, a one year contract at best and a wage cut. Harper is a fine example of this.

albie_noobs

Jul 25, 2011
Newhaven
He's 32 and currently on 60k a week at Newastle, has hinted that he just wants to play and is willing to drop down to chamionship

After one horiffic leg break at Manure and another broken ankle at Newcastle a year ago don't think he's for us!!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Think that he would be an ideal loan signing but not to sign fully as obviously he would have problems relocating. Pardew has offered him a coaching role apparently but he wants to continue playing as he says he is too young to take up coaching and stop playing.

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
If he was still half decent, when did he last play one/two/three games in a row for anyone? 5 years ago?
Him & Vicente having a good chat on the bench & in the treatment room..im out!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I'd have him in for 5 months, he could join the rest on the physio's table... we have the most talented bunch on that table in the Championship!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Heard a story locally, apparently told by razor ruddock, that when Smith played as an 18 yr old ruddock clattered him at the first opportunity, trying to intimidate him. According to Ruddock, Smith just got up, strolled past Ruddock and said " Is that all you got you fat C*** ?", smiled and just carried on :lol: Have to admire that from an 18yr old.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Soccer Sauce says he wants out of nufc. I did hear when we got Harper, that Smith may also come to us. Could do a job or past it?

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers.

Talksport said today that with Tiote in Africa, Smith & Guthrie have pledged their allegance & hope for runs in the NU team.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
of all the silly rumours from the summer, this is one i do like. didnt know about the ankle injury, thought he was kept out by changes under Pardew/better players around St James. still reckon he's a quality player though, if fit, you dont lose that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here