Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alan Smith - a bit rubbish really

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Smith is one of the few players (Robinson is another one) that Leeds can actually make a profit on by selling them. They didn't use that loan company to buy him so any money received is going straight into their hands to pay off some of their debts. Viduka isn't going to raise any money for the club because he isn't owned by them, they borrowed the cash to buy him.

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm glad a few other people are baffled by the way that Leeds' fans have elevated Smith to hero status.

If he were that committed to Leeds, how come that he and all the other players resisted a salary cut earlier in the season when it became clear that was the only way to survive? The players only had a change of heart when they realised how much flak they were copping from the fans. I don't recall Smith setting an example there.

Nor is he willing to stay and fight to get Leeds out of the 1st division and yet he is adored up there.

To quote a great Yorkshireman, Fred Trueman, "I just don't know what's goin' off down there"

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
A better player than I thought. I saw him at Old Trafford when Leeds got a point. There was no Viduka, but Smith was always available, telling midfield where he wanted the ball, excellent control, you could tell the defenders did not like playing against him, and he got one half chance and took it.

A lot better than I had thought.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
smith has always reminded me a bit of gary hart.he's hardworking a bit tempremental(harty was in his earlier days) but never gonna score enough goals to justify playing up front.i think smith would be better served playing in the hole

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here