Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Alan Partridge: This Time

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
As sure as eggs is eggs Partridge will come out as gay at some point. From his obsession with ladyboys all those years ago to a number of nods in this series (“see you later, Alan” from the young lad dressed up as a girl, then that shower scene).

Not to mention THAT jacuzzi scene with Hot Pants <licks finger> Tsssssss!...

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Found the first series very hit and miss. I’ll watch because it’s Partridge and there’s always a moment or two that makes me lol in anything he does.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
It’ll give it a go but the since the main writer moved on the Partridge character has crossed that almost invisible line from being ‘almost believable’ to ‘parody.’ I hope the trailer isn’t showcasing the best bits as I don’t think I even smiled.

Original Partridge was sublime at times. Current Partridge is like an AP impersonator on Britain’s Got Talent with so-so material. Hoping not to be disappointed.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
It’ll give it a go but the since the main writer moved on the Partridge character has crossed that almost invisible line from being ‘almost believable’ to ‘parody.’ I hope the trailer isn’t showcasing the best bits as I don’t think I even smiled.

Original Partridge was sublime at times. Current Partridge is like an AP impersonator on Britain’s Got Talent with so-so material. Hoping not to be disappointed.

Think that’s true of ‘This Time’ but ‘Mid Morning matters’ is brilliantly written

For me less about the writers and more that I prefer Partridge less on the TV series format and much prefer it when he is doing inane radio and living in travel taverns

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
FFS they did the gag about the man not being able to use the smart board last series...

1/10 so far. It just doesn’t work. Flat format, dire script and poor acting. Sad.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
That didn't seem anything like as funny as the first series and nowhere near the quality of KMKY, I'm Alan Partridge and Mid Morning Matters.

Simon Farnaby saved it from comic irrelevance.

Last edited:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
We gave this a watch tonight.
Better than series one
But still trying too hard to emulate classic Alan

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
The monk stuff just didn't work. It even bordered on the slapstick when he was carrying the plants. No awkwardness, no cringe, no laughs.

And Alan injuring his hand was never likely to be as iconic as 'Lynn, I've pierced my foot on a spiiiike'.

I hope it improves and Alan has the last laugh, but if the first episode is anything to go by, he shouldn't have been given a second series.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The Sharon Stone/Basic Instinct body language discussion was probably my highlight.

I'd agree that was probably the best bit - when his co-presenter said "crossing her legs" and simultaneously he said "fanny." But it just felt odd that best bit of the show was a reference to a fim that's 30 years old.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here