Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alan Navarro

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
More than decent League One player, average Championship player.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think you will find most Albion fans have a great deal of respect for the bloke because he worked his nuts off to get back into the side under Poyet after a torrid time under Micky Adams who didn't have a clue to get the best out of him.
He will never win a game on his own but he can and often did quietly make our team tick, over the past two seasons. Any tactical manager who prides himself on a passing game in league one ought to be looking at him. And that's if there aren't championship teams sniffing around.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think you will find most Albion fans have a great deal of respect for the bloke because he worked his nuts off to get back into the side under Poyet after a torrid time under Micky Adams who didn't have a clue to get the best out of him.
He will never win a game on his own but he can and often did quietly make our team tick, over the past two seasons. Any tactical manager who prides himself on a passing game in league one ought to be looking at him. And that's if there aren't championship teams sniffing around.

I thought Slade bought Navarro in?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought that the deal was that he was released to look for another club but if he wasn't successful he could come back for pre season and perhaps become a squad member but probably not first choice for the team but I may have misunderstood this. I am surprised that Crawley Bournemouth or Aldershot haven't considered offering him a deal

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I thought that the deal was that he was released to look for another club but if he wasn't successful he could come back for pre season and perhaps become a squad member but probably not first choice for the team but I may have misunderstood this. I am surprised that Crawley Bournemouth or Aldershot haven't considered offering him a deal

I believe this was offered, however Navarro was not happy with that, and confident he could find another club (of which he has had a few offers.)

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
At his age I would imagine he would be looking at a 2 year contract as an absolute minimum, especially if he needs to relocate.

Would be very surprised if he managed to get a club in the championship on those terms.

wallington seagull

Sep 8, 2003

This.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Didn't do Navs any good tho ddid it , having an "exceptional season" (Quote G.Poyet)

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
He would be 1 of the best midfielders in league 1, I heard Crawley were after him. I still think he is too good for league 1. Peterborough or Barsnley would be a better fit

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Before he went on holiday last week he tweeted that he had spoken to a manager about a possible deal - no idea where but as I think he had been staying in Liverpool and travelled on hols from there you might guess it was somewhere in the north rather than down Sussex way.

Good enough to be a Championship squad player because he has a good footballing brain. He is also a smashing bloke. Wish him and his family well whatever happens but I have no doubt he will get himself fixed up

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

It was such a torrid time under Adams that Navarro didn't even sign for the club until six months after Adams was sacked.

Good player, breaks up play, doesn't waste in when he has it, the League 1 David Batty!

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
i've seen him play over the last 3 or 4 years inclduing his time at McDons, and I have never seen him as fit as he was for the last few games of last season - he was clearly playing for his future while others took their foot off the gas, and I'm sorry he came up short, I think he's a great champ or league one squad player.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Nice guys and average championship players don't get you promoted to the premiership, wasn't surprised at all he was released, as poyet is obviously aiming higher

As for Harley and dicker, bit harder to get rid of players who are contracted, I would imagine if all 3 were on their last year, navs woulda stayed!

A good, solid hard working player who would do extremely well in league 1 provided they play to his strengths

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here