Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alan Hansen Scar or is he English?

Sep 18, 2003
Anyone know how Alan got his scar?

We're you there? Did you do it? Did you wish you did it? Or do you love those who put blue into the Union Jack?

ps. did he say "we" tonight, or did I mishear it?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I thinks its actually Ron Atkinson, he kidnapped Hansen and ripped his face off and the scar is the join when he put it on his face as a discuise, like in Silence of the Lambs.

It was the only way he could think of to get back into TV football.

Last edited:

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
ian wright is so confident

"it's just a pity that we are gonna knock out the hosts"

lets hope he's right

Nov 3, 2003
Ian Wright as football pundit he's a joke and a :dunce: with no intellectual input whereas Hansen at least has that but why the **** we have a jock on the nite of a English game of such inmportance i just cant understand what a beeb balls up and didnt it show when the showed the others celebrating the English goal i mean what happened when the croatian scored did Hansen puch the air or sumthing?

Nov 3, 2003
i was tempted to switch over to swiss/frog game only when looked cery we were gonna win and wanted make sure the frogs didnt so we'd top the group couldnt do it though England played an awesome game and Rooney is world class without doubt.

Shankly Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Littlehampton
Hansen got his scar from something rather like dull like walking into a glass door at home I believe - I'm sure I read that in his autobiography.

On the subject of Ian Wright - it looks like he is back from his one match commentary ban after his faux par the other night.

How many "disgusted from Tunbridge Wells" do you reckon phoned in to complain to the BBC about Wrights observations of "he's practically having it off with him" followed moments later by "he looked like he was spooning him"?

Truely a broadcasting liability on par with Gazza in the last WC - but it was funny to watch the horror on Linekers face after he made the comments!

interjambo

Mar 22, 2004
Milano, Italia
Curious Orange said:
Apparently, Hansen received the scar in a fight. Yes, he did refer to England as we - I expect Ian Wright has converted him through his sheer enthusiasm!!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I think you'll find Hansen has been considered a "traitor" in Scotland for quite some time. He became an England fan after being left out of the Scotland squad for the 1986 World Cup.

interjambo

Mar 22, 2004
Milano, Italia
FG aka Football Genius. said:
Ian Wright as football pundit he's a joke and a :dunce: with no intellectual input whereas Hansen at least has that but why the **** we have a jock on the nite of a English game of such inmportance i just cant understand what a beeb balls up and didnt it show when the showed the others celebrating the English goal i mean what happened when the croatian scored did Hansen puch the air or sumthing?

Beeb stands for British Broadcasting Corporation. Only fair to have people representing TV licence payers in other parts of the realm ;)

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
Come the revolution Hansen will be one of the first swinging from the lampposts.

Seriously I think he is hugely overrated as a pundit. He is so far up his own arse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here