Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alain Robert - Complete Legend

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The word legend is often misused, but is woefully inadequate to describe this man. Classified by the medical profession as 66% disabled, he suffers from epilepsy, vertigo and once climbed a skyscraper with a broken thumb. The guy is a complete one off. I doubt anyone else could do, or would want to do what he does. Ladies and gentile hommes, je me vous presente Alain:

Alain+Robert.jpg

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
No ropes, safety equipment, nothing but a bag of chalk and a pair of climbing shoes. :)

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Agree with you Mumm, but he swears he does and, according to him has had several moments stuck frozen to the sides of skyscrapers unable to move. His technique is all about speed - just get up it before you have too much time to dwell on the demons.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Great feats i agree, but vertigo ???

There is no way he could do what he does if he'd suffer from vertigo.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Bag of chalk you say ? ........ talk about making it easy for yourself.

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
Why is it that any description of anyone as a "legend" has to begin with "the word legend is often overused"?

sounds like a viz top tip

"add kudos to your subjective opinions on people you deem legendary by beginning with the phrase the word legend is often overused"

how can you be 66% disabled, you either are, or you're not, check the DDA!

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Great feats i agree, but vertigo ???

There is no way he could do what he does if he'd suffer from vertigo.

This - I have vertigo and I can't even look at the photo in the OP for more than a couple of seconds without feeling a little ill :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here