Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Akram Leaves, Tudor to replace him...

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Mo Akram has apparently left Sussex and is set to be replaced by Alex Tudor according to a usually reliable source...

*awaits flaming*

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Tudor?!! FFS Didn't he bowl about eight balls total in the whole of last season? His career is over, what would we want with him?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Where is Akram going. Surely we can't get Tudor him, that would be him and Lewry that are always injured.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Tudor would be the new Andy Babington.

I'd prefer Steve Kirby - he wants out of Yorkshire and is proper fast.

Shame Mo's gone though.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Uncle Buck said:
If Akram is going, what is the score with Jason Voros?
Still waiting for his Hungarian passport to come through, this is bad news losing Akram, If Tudor is taken on,let it be on a pay as you play contract.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Sussex CCC Press Release

It is with much regret that Sussex have agreed to release Mohammad Akram from his current contract which should have run to the end of the 2005 season. Though Mohammad enjoyed his time at Sussex and performed well, he cited family reasons for his desire to continue his cricketing career elsewhere. The Club would like to thank Mohammad for all his efforts and wish him well for the future.

Jul 20, 2003
Uncle Buck said:
If Akram is going, what is the score with Jason Voros?

At a guess: Voros will continue bowling unthreatening stock balls and tapping the ball around to adequate effect in the 2nd XI.

I'd be suprised to see Tudor come in, he had a year left at Surrey so they must be pretty sure that there won't be any return to former glories.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
There's no way that Tudor will come down here. It wouldn't surprise me if he didn't play another game of first-class cricket.

There must be a fair amount of money freed up by Mo's departure though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here