Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AJ leaving Palace

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Sadly, I've been informed tonight he's staying and the announcement tomorrow is that he's withdrawn his transfer request. :nono:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Tooting Gull said:
Sadly, I've been informed tonight he's staying and the announcement tomorrow is that he's withdrawn his transfer request. :nono:
That's what i've heard too from a friend of a Palarse insider, so we better not get our hopes up, it looks like we will be facing him again this season:nono:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I have heard two rumours.

1. That Newcastle will turn to Johnson in January if they do not manage to get Anelka before then.

and

2. That tomorrow Johnson will anounce he is not leaving.

Seems like they could both come true.

Stumpy Tim

My initial reading of the BBC article is that AJ will be staying. I don't think it's bad news really. In the future I think Palace may well struggle to get up & coming young players because they'll know the chairman won't let them leave if a better opportunity comes along

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I cant see the bald little fucker (wait thats MY nickname!) going anywhere, not enough transfer rumours to suggest he should be. My moneys on a January transfer after he bags 15 or so goals and Sven says "play in the prem or grow some hair........you bald little fucker!"

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
What time is the public announcement.

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
bakesy said:
That's what i've heard too from a friend of a Palarse insider, so we better not get our hopes up, it looks like we will be facing him again this season:nono:

Let's hope we don't get bloody Kelvin Morton Jr or the penalty spot might get worn out.

A move really IS his only chance to get to World Cup 2006, and probably, by the same token, his only chance to play in any World Cup......and in the time where we probably have the best chance to go all the way and win it.

I also hope he's reading this.

Manchester City, Newcastle, Aston Villa or Everton!

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Looks as though he will be committing his future to Palarse by signing a new contract. This, of course, means cock-all. He will sign a contract, and Jordan will have ensured that when (and not if) he goes, they will be able to increase the asking price to buy him out of this new deal. He also gets a cut of a larger transfer deal, so happiness all round for Palarse.

He will no doubt be making a case for membership of the UK Olympic Diving Team on 18 Oct, so we can look forward to that.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Im pleased hes stayed.

I think £8 mill is far more valuable than any one striker in the Championship. That money is basically a promotion side in itself.

If AJ doesnt deliver this season they will have lost a fortune for a player Im still not convinced about. Certainly not in the top 6 in this country!

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Marshy said:
Even though he's signed i dont think hes committed fully.
No dosn`t sound as though he his. Read on.

Andy Johnson

Related News Stories

Jordan slams Everton AJ bid
Jun 26 2005

AJ demands transfer
Jun 19 2005

Four more years
Jun 15 2005

Andy Johnson has commited his future to Crystal Palace by signing a new contract.

The 24-year-old had been linked with moves away from Selhurst Park after scoring 21 goals last season, despite Palace getting relegated.

Johnson won his first England cap and feared his chances of playing for his country in next year's World Cup would be over if he was not with a Premiership club.

Tottenham placed a £5.5m bid for Johnson and Everton have recently reported to have shown an interest in the striker.

But after talks with chairman Simon Jordan and boss Iain Dowie, Johnson has agreed to sign a lucrative five-year deal.

"It's been a difficult couple of months but I'm committing my future to the club," said Johnson. "I want to fire Palace back into the Premiership."

Dowie added: "AJ is one of the best three or four strikers in the country. Him staying at Palace is a big thing for us all - he's a top lad. The chairman did the deal and we're grateful. AJ feels valued at this club."

:D

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here