Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Airmiles - Don't Lose 'em!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Anybody else been cut adrift from Airmiles since NatWest credit cards stopped awarding them?

Been getting letters from Airmiles recently telling me my 2500 miles are going to be wiped clean unless I use them by the end of the year. Worse, unless I generate at least one new mile before then, I'll be charged a £30 'admin charge' for booking any flights with them. Without having any idea how to gain that extra airmile without signing up for an exotic unwanted new credit card with another bank, the future looked black indeed on the airmiles front.

However, a mate hit upon a brainwave (or maybe I was just being a dumbass big-faced bastard all along). The solution is to go in via the Airmiles site and buy stuff on, say, Play.com or the HMV online site or any one of a number of sites that you might be prone to using anyways. in the case of Play.com, spend a fiver and it generates one Airmile. Simples :thumbsup:

You have not been charged any Airmiles for this information. On the other hand, you HAVE been charged a £30 admin fee for reading it.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
You can also get airmiles for using Shell Drivers club rewards card or the tesco rewards card.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
How so they link them tho? Do you have to take your Airmiles card along as well as your reward card, or do you register the link online?

For Shell you ask for your miles to be converted as part of the application although I think you can change this using the online management if you want. For Tesco you convert them to airmiles by 'spending' them online through the clubcard website.

wizo7

Man Met Massive
Dec 17, 2008
Bolney
I just finished my work experience at the Mileage Company working with Airmiles...they were talking about getting rid of non-active members then (people who hav'nt redeemed or collected within a certian time period).

Buying stuff through the web-site is an easy way to collect miles, also as mentioned above Shell petrols also a good method of collection. There are loads of tips on the airmiles web site on the best ways to collect.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
I also get my gas and electric from Scottish and Southern and get airmiles from them.
Also LloydsTSB duo card associated with American Express give double points.
Went to New York in March with airmiles. Had flight and four nights hotel for £176 each. Great value.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Or you could enter the photo competition they run every month on their website, and get NSC to vote for you!

Worked for me in May - 500 miles, thanks everyone!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Or you could just use them to, I don't know, buy a flight? :dunce:

I had a dormant account with about 5500 miles in, finally used them up last month. Very nice holiday it was too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here