Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Air India

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
Morning All,

Any flown with Air India before? I've heard mixed reviews on the web, but obviously it's what NSC thinks that really matters.

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
So, I won't get blown up. But if I need a crap, I'll have to take a peg with me, and I'll be 3 days late arriving in New York?

Not bad :down:

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
I am in the industry, and I hear they are greatly improved. They will need to be otherwise Jet Airways will have them for breakfast shortly.

They are regarded as a good budget option. Order the Asian veggie meal though.

disgruntled h blocker

Oct 16, 2003
Ampfield
Flew with them a couple of years ago to New York. Very good Curry on board - well worth choosing them for that alone. The toilets were no worse than Virgin or BA during the long haul flight.

Only problem was the entertainment - they mixed Bollywood and Western films on the overhead TV (there was no back-of-seat screens).

It's a good change from BA/Virgin.

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
disgruntled h blocker said:
Flew with them a couple of years ago to New York. Very good Curry on board - well worth choosing them for that alone. The toilets were no worse than Virgin or BA during the long haul flight.

Only problem was the entertainment - they mixed Bollywood and Western films on the overhead TV (there was no back-of-seat screens).

It's a good change from BA/Virgin.

I read somewhere that a certain amount of their planes now have back of seat screens. Hopefully we'll get one of them. The PSP is coming with me though with a couple of UMD's just in case.

zoe

Jul 5, 2003
The Mobile Shop Withdean
i've flown with them a few times. thought they were good (apart from the big screen miles away from my seat), lots of leg room. food was very good. security excellent. always had two security checks - the usual one and another before boarding the plane - this was even before sept 11th.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Virgo's Haircut said:
I read somewhere that a certain amount of their planes now have back of seat screens. Hopefully we'll get one of them. The PSP is coming with me though with a couple of UMD's just in case.

Will you be allowed to take a PSP on board?

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
Wardywonderland said:
Will you be allowed to take a PSP on board?

Well laptops are allowed now, so I presume other electrical equipment such as PSP's, cameras and MP3 players would be to?

Crazy Cornish Gal

Dec 26, 2003
Brighton
As long as it gets there in one piece and lands safely thats all i care about, screens in seats is a mere bonus!!:glare:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here