Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

aidy bothroyd

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
whats the latest on the rumours he could be our next manager if things dont improve quick???

priesty

Jun 30, 2008
two people mentioned it to me, one of whom i trust as a fairly decent source.
Time will tell.....

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
I am sure Knight was on SCR last week, does that mean that Harty is going to be our new manager?

With a League cup semi and County cup quarter final on the horizon with Ferring Under 14's it would be foolish to even think about taking Dick Knight's offer.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
What has happened to Boothroyd is very interesting. It wasn't so long ago he was being touted as one of the brightest new, young English managers, and getting Watford's cloggers (and relegation to League One favourites) into the Premier League that time was nothing short of a miracle, creating the proverbial silk purse out of a sow's ear.

But as often happens it all went wrong, the football was never great (so anyone expecting tactically things very different to Micky might be disappointed), he fell out with a lot of big-name players (sound familiar?) and surprisingly the talk coming out of Watford since is that he was a whirlwind around the club, didn't listen to anyone else, all the early praise went to his head, he developed a massive ego, and they're all much happier with the new fella Rodgers who is much calmer.

Obviously there may be a bit of the usual 'only say bad stuff about the bloke once he's gone'. And the best thing about Boothroyd is probably that he has now got a point to prove again to restore his reputation, some club may well benefit from that.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Odd thing is I heard this rumour from someone else today, someone who is supposedly close to the board. Would be an odd move in my view. If Adams ws the man for the job why change him. He has to be given more time now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here