Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aggro in the train q

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I enjoyed the times in Dicks when they have had a band. Is a pretty lifeless place to be honest but only to expected- its a bar at a football ground.

i enjoyed the times in dicks when they have had a band. Is a pretty lifeless place to be honest but only to expected- its a bar at a football ground.

A 90 million pound state of the art stadia which i thought was having fan input,what we have ended up with is a fantastic arena with a souless facilities for the fans(customers)
i think they tried to get it right big time but mostly failed,choice q for an office canteen or pay over the top for poor quality,or stand drinking in a crowded mass outside the toilets.
Why moan? They just might listen???

A community stadium for all that prices out its own supporters club:wozza:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
You should have been in the queue along the village way...it was chaos again and peoples tempers fraying. Some tit cut my wife up who was on the roundabout to get on village way and much industrial language was exchanged ....people double parking picking up their loved ones arguing with stewards and people driving in the wrong lane trying to cut in at the lights causing more banging of horns and gestures.

I know people were pissed off after the result, but it was just mindless crappery!

you should have been in the queue along the village way...it was chaos again and peoples tempers fraying. Some tit cut my wife up who was on the roundabout to get on village way and much industrial language was exchanged ....people double parking picking up their loved ones arguing with stewards and people driving in the wrong lane trying to cut in at the lights causing more banging of horns and gestures.

I know people were pissed off after the result, but it was just mindless crappery!

Best get clint and morgan if they cut a woman up????

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
At least one person kept their head it what could have been a very unsavoury episode:blush:

True. Btw. When I work out how the scanner works I'll put up a photo from 1983 cup final train from brighton, inluding Ivor Caplin with blue and white hair and his brother et al. Some old faces on there!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
been in there on one occasion obviously caters for the more discerning customer
regards
DR

Just totally sterile in my view, dreadful place however they do seem to serve quite quickly

getreal1

Aug 13, 2008
You should have been in the queue along the village way...it was chaos again and peoples tempers fraying. Some tit cut my wife up who was on the roundabout to get on village way and much industrial language was exchanged ....people double parking picking up their loved ones arguing with stewards and people driving in the wrong lane trying to cut in at the lights causing more banging of horns and gestures.

Bad news all round. The Village Way business has been a live one since the chaotic scenes after the Spurs friendly. Just after that, the Sunderland game, even worse. In two and a half years, it's as bad as it's ever been and public transport at the ground in Village Way is frequently delayed by these saps. There is no excuse for the club's failure to improve this. The abject lack of stewards and/or police doing anything useful in this area is clearly an issue. Many have written to the club including me, and nobody I know has received any positive response. Balkham the Manc should attend to these things rather than just accept the plaudits because things seem terribly nice sometimes in the stadium. The 68 per cent sustainable transport figure that the club are so proud of is skewed by the number of bints collecting menfolk from areas where, frankly, they should not be allowed to park. Yes there are men too but the majority I've seen are women.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Were the trains particularly bad post-match yesterday? There was still a monster queue at 8:30 - so much so we got a bus for the first time. It kicked off in that queue too.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Were the trains particularly bad post-match yesterday? There was still a monster queue at 8:30 - so much so we got a bus for the first time. It kicked off in that queue too.

Left with 2 mins of the injury time left. Walked at 6 year old pace to the queue. Queue kept moving. Nice Forest fan let me and the boy through and another nice Albion gent helped him on to the 19.47. No bother at all.

Clearly I should leave early more often.

*hides*

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Enjoying your use of the phrase 'mindless crappery' granny :thumbsup:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Its the same old story on the Lewes side to stupid supporters.

We got to the gate but couldn't go through as there was already 30 people on the platform more than the 4 car Eastbourne train that was due. Heading onto the platform after that train left there were over 200 twats who refuse to get on the train because its not the Seaford train. The train before the Eastbourne was the Lewes only so these same 200 twats didn't get on that train either. These 200 twats must have all left before the final whistle yet the train the MUST catch didn't leave to almost half an hour after full time. Same goes for those who refuse to get on the Lewes only train if they are going to Eastbourne. There must be some way of sorting this probelm out, the obvious one of course is to make EVERYBODY get on the first train that arrives. All they have to do is change at Lewes, its simple.

More regular trains from January will have NO effect for those going in the Lewes direction

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Its the same old story on the Lewes side to stupid supporters.

We got to the gate but couldn't go through as there was already 30 people on the platform more than the 4 car Eastbourne train that was due. Heading onto the platform after that train left there were over 200 twats who refuse to get on the train because its not the Seaford train. The train before the Eastbourne was the Lewes only so these same 200 twats didn't get on that train either. These 200 twats must have all left before the final whistle yet the train the MUST catch didn't leave to almost half an hour after full time. Same goes for those who refuse to get on the Lewes only train if they are going to Eastbourne. There must be some way of sorting this probelm out, the obvious one of course is to make EVERYBODY get on the first train that arrives. All they have to do is change at Lewes, its simple.

More regular trains from January will have NO effect for those going in the Lewes direction

Has to be said that does seem like twattish behaviour. First rule of transport chaos is you get as far down the line away from the chaos as quickly as you can. Which in this case means enjoying the wide open spaces of Lewes station rather than a stupid crush at Falmer station. Tho maybe understandable if they're not veterans of commuter transport chaos and are not well versed in the art of escaping that crap.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Has to be said that does seem like twattish behaviour. First rule of transport chaos is you get as far down the line away from the chaos as quickly as you can. Which in this case means enjoying the wide open spaces of Lewes station rather than a stupid crush at Falmer station. Tho maybe understandable if they're not veterans of commuter transport chaos and are not well versed in the art of escaping that crap.

As we are in the NS, on a 3pm Saturday KO we generally catch the Lewes only which is about 5 past 5, we walk up to the end of the platform and the last carriage has about 10 people on when it leaves and when we leave the platform is still full so only a small number of people can be let onto the station from the ramps. That train is probably only 50-60% full when it leaves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here