Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Afternoon all. Any chance of some advice please?

quizzicaleyebrow

Mar 10, 2011
One or two of you might remember about a year ago I posted a review of a day at the Withdean, and expressed the hope I might get the chance to tick the Amex off straight away.

Well, Saturday's the day, and I was hoping that somebody might be able to point me in the right direction for those of us who don't like trains or Park & Rides if we can help it. Mostly when football clubs tell you that there is no conceivable on-street parking in the same county they're being a bit over-dramatic, and I'm hoping that's the same here? Any pointers gratefully received!

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Sounds like a local bus or a long walk remain your last two options.

Part of the Amex experience is the sustainable transport options available - if you're doing a review of the Amex, then they should really be part of your day..

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
One or two of you might remember about a year ago I posted a review of a day at the Withdean, and expressed the hope I might get the chance to tick the Amex off straight away.

Well, Saturday's the day, and I was hoping that somebody might be able to point me in the right direction for those of us who don't like trains or Park & Rides if we can help it. Mostly when football clubs tell you that there is no conceivable on-street parking in the same county they're being a bit over-dramatic, and I'm hoping that's the same here? Any pointers gratefully received!

Was your review the one of the Carlisle 4-3 game? If so, it was excellent.

(If it wasn't, then no, I don't remember you...)

D

Deleted member 18477

If you're driving use the P&R. i wish i could park outside the stadium free of charge but i'm not an arsehole...

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
As others have said you really need to use the P&R or public transport to get an accurate view of a day at the Amex. When Martin Perry revealed the other day the non-P&R visitors represented 63% of the crowd at the Amex I was astonished, if you include P&R users then it is 87%, when for most grounds apparently the sustainable transport figure is around 20%.

I suppose this would explain some of the negative comments from away fans as they may well be used to parking close to the ground when they travel.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Sounds like a local bus or a long walk remain your last two options.

Part of the Amex experience is the sustainable transport options available - if you're doing a review of the Amex, then they should really be part of your day..

Really agree with this. Pick one of the sustainable options. Not sure how a review would be complete without it.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Walk it. I'm walking in from central Hove, ees no complicated. :thumbsup:

Straight march along Lewes Road and then a cheeky dash through Moulescoomb. It's really quite pleasant. Park at Mithras House and take on the challenge.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
I suggest you get to Lewes around 10.45am and then sink 15 pints of ale. Then just see what happens. Very similar to the Liquor portal at night. You will end up where you need to go - just probably wont know how you got there.

Hope this helps.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yup. Thanks!

You're welcome. You picked a hell of a game to write up. Lets hope this one ends the same way :)

As to transport, I 'd recommend that you drive to LEWES and park there. You might find some street parking if you're happy to walk a bit, or just pay a £5 to park at the station. Then get the train one stop to the stadium. Its an absolute breeze. Get to Lewes early, have a beer, get the train to the ground at 1.30pm for a wander about. Enjoy.

Last edited:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
You're welcome. You picked a hell of a game to write up. Lets hope this one ends the same way :)

As to transport, I 'd recommend that you drive to LEWES and park there. You might find some street parking if you're happy to walk a bit, or just pay a £5 to park at the station. Then get the train one stop to the stadium. Its an absolute breeze. Get to Lewes early, have a beer, get the train to the ground at 1.30pm for a wander about. Enjoy.

Agreed except for the street parking bit unless you really know the town otherwise you could br driving around for hours as its almost all permit only. Just use one of the town centre car parks and its a quick downhill walk to the station. Just don't have my space.:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here