Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

After this performance

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Do f*** off you bunch of mongs. Yes we didnt play well but the pitch was dreadful. 3 wins in a row whichever way you look at it :)

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Do f*** off you bunch of mongs. Yes we didnt play well but the pitch was dreadful. 3 wins in a row whichever way you look at it :)

The way of looking at it must involve ignoring the draw with Wrexham at the Amex.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
As with Crawley they could well be topish of L2 this time next year wheras last year we were top of L1, they play an unchanged side who know how to play with each other & we chop & change ( tho our two game changing wingers & captain CB are out) Gus needs to play all dev team in Milk Cup & all 1sts in FA Cup, this half & half business has been shocking 3 times in a year now

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Good grief, it takes very little to get the moan brigade out in force. I bet they sit here reading when we beat Southampton, Bristol City (15 out of 18 points at home in the past six matches) praying for a cock up so they can have something 'constructive' to write about.

[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] can I suggest we have a suicide forum and stick this lot on it?

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
What's the point in playing Hoskins on the left he didn't score 25 goals last season from there,it's beyond believe .

WH looked all at sea out on the left. If Gus is going to play two strikers then I would like to see CMS playing in that role for a game or two and see how he gets on. Cannot see it happening though.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I was seriously relieved to get through last night. Wrexham are a decent side and would have worried a a lot of teams at our level. In the Cup, its only the result that matters...sod the performance. Partisan crowd ,poor pitch and committed opposition all added up to an upset. Why not applaud our superb penalties...the keeper got nowhere near any of them. Wrexham only allowed us to play to a certain level..they harried and chased everything and put two men on Buckley, every time he got the ball. Fair play to them..it was their cup final and they rose to the challenge.
I was much more disappointed in the performances at Watford and Coventry.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I think all the talk of how bad we were takes away the undoubtably great performance by Wrexham. I thought they were excellent last night and that combination of their greatness and our inability to turn up and play made for a very close game, which it was. We could quite easily have lost the game but we did take some great pens!! Thats a plus surely!!

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
If we were playing a Championship side away from home, I would have been pleased with our performance. As they are non-league it makes you wonder, but that was one hell of a display from Wrexham last night. They played better than Cardiff, Portsmouth and Bristol City did against us, to name but three. Their control, speed on the break and quick passing was top-drawer and that can't be ignored in any analysis. If I had any moans about our display it would be aimed at CMS, Buckley, Calderon and Bridcutt, but I know they've performed well for us before so I'll excuse them a bad game, and they al tucked home a good penalty at the end.

At the end of the day football is 11 v 11, and we won, so I'm strangely happy about last night.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
North Stand Moan (again)

Do people not understand the FA Cup? It exists for games like this where the game is at the underdogs place, with them playing out of their skins to giant kill. Sometimes you're at the other end of it and you put up with it. Well done Wrexham but luck wasn't on their side last night. 5 Germanesque penalties put them out.

Don't get me started

One Nation under CCTV
Jul 24, 2007
Do you moaning bastards actually realise that we are mid table in the Championship only a handful of points away from the playoff zone enjoying our best season for years and years. Why don't you buy a paper or watch TV to find out what's going on at Brighton.

Christ knows what you would have been like when we were in the league 1 drop zone only to be saved by Russell Slade. only 3 seasons ago.

Oh and by the way we also have a shiny nice new stadium and watching the albion out there is a joy to behold (but you wouldn't know that would you)

You lot make me sick as you expect every game to be a cup final

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
We were poor last night, except for the excellent penalties. But we have been like that on and off throughout the season, it was probably made worse because they are a Conference team. Anyway, prepare, because there will be a few more bad performances before the season is out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here