Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

after the horse has bolted?

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
From the BBC website...

Brighton seek rapid improvement
The Brighton squad held a group meeting after their defeat to Leicester City at which the players underlined their determination to avoid relegation.
Brighton conceded two goals in the opening five minutes of Saturday's game and are five points adrift from safety.

"We're in trouble, but we've set some achievable goals," goalkeeper Wayne Henderson told BBC SCR.

"The whole standard in training has now upped to a new level. We need to wake up as a group."

now i'm sorry - but shouldn't the standard in training already be at the higher level. Then we might not be in this mess.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
couldn't agree more. The team spirit is totally SHOT!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We'll see tonight.

Norwich are an average side, the sort of team we now need to take points off if we are to survive.

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
Good attitude from the players - I don't think there is a problem. Lets hope we see the results on the field.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Normal Rob said:

now i'm sorry - but shouldn't the standard in training already be at the higher level. Then we might not be in this mess.

That was what I was thinking. A lot of clubs say things like that and it makes you wonder what they were doing the rest of the time.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I'm waiting for the old "We're tired from playing too many games" chestnut. Despite getting knocked out of everything in the first round.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
I don't know why they come out with this stuff. They should just be honest.
"We have too few players of Championship standard, our squad is too small, we have no money for transfers or wages and anyone even close enough to being the standard we need doesn't want to come here. We're bloody lucky to be 3rd bottom."

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Rangdo said:
I don't know why they come out with this stuff. They should just be honest.
"We have too few players of Championship standard, our squad is too small, we have no money for transfers or wages and anyone even close enough to being the standard we need doesn't want to come here. We're bloody lucky to be 3rd bottom."

What a defeatist attittude.

That is ok for the manager and board to say but not the players.

As soons as the players start admitting that nobody will come here it gives a bad impression of their ability and they should be praising everything about the club to encourage others to join. Perhaps they wouldn't be too keen if it is their place that is jeopardy but in general they should all be saying what a great club it is etc.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
BensGrandad said:
What a defeatist attittude.

That is ok for the manager and board to say but not the players.

As soons as the players start admitting that nobody will come here it gives a bad impression of their ability and they should be praising everything about the club to encourage others to join. Perhaps they wouldn't be too keen if it is their place that is jeopardy but in general they should all be saying what a great club it is etc.

*tounge firmly in cheek*

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here