Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

After sleeping on it

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Do you feel as cheated and angry as you did during and after the game? I think that we might have become paranoid about being cheated but I expect a number of large slices of luck before the end of the season to convince me. 3 lucky points at Burnley would be a start :)

Last edited:

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Nope, strangly enough im just glad we got some points on the board, and we always new lcfc, weren't going to make it easy for ourselfs.

Last edited:

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I saw the penalty that were given on TV this morning - never a penalty. They didn't show any of the 5 we should have had.

I feel very cheated, but have just about overcome the idea of teh referees of the world all being in a plot against us.

There must be a reason why we are getting so many bad decisions against us though - is it all down to Leon diving from early in the season?

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
I never thought there was a conspiracy. We just had an unlucky run of appallingly shite refs.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Rangdo said:
I never thought there was a conspiracy. We just had an unlucky run of appallingly shite refs.
Pompous nonsense!
The only dodgy pen we've had all season was at Millwall.
The one we got at Gillingham caused mass moaning from the pikeys but was far more of a penalty than yesterday, Coventry away, Plymouth and both at Stoke.
We have been cheated by corrupt or incompetent refs. Leon Knight was booked at home against Stoke for being flattened in the penalty area.
Refs are corrupt and keen to flatter the allegedly bigger clubs.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
mona said:
Pompous nonsense!
The one we got at Gillingham caused mass moaning from the pikeys but was far more of a penalty than yesterday, Coventry away, Plymouth and both at Stoke.
We have been cheated by corrupt or incompetent refs. Leon Knight was booked at home against Stoke for being flattened in the penalty area.

This has to be a joke. If you feel that strongly then take it further.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
mona said:
Pompous nonsense!

In the last 10 minutes ive heard you call someone "pompous" and another "arrogant"

Having a bad day are we?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
The standard of refs this season has been poor.

Of course we are biased but we had 2 (at least) really good shouts for pens yesterday. (When Jakey was bought down and when the ball appeared to roll down one of their defenders arms) - Butters went mental at the ref.

Yet in the last 2 games the pens at Cov and yesterday were harsh to say the least. (add these to the Stoke game and the Forster handball and it's hard not to think 'they don't like us'

Yet in the couse of the season luck will hopefully even itself out - I expect Danny C to give 3 pens away next week for Watford and Bobby Z to come on at the Withdean and score a last minute og.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
dougdeep said:
This has to be a joke. If you feel that strongly then take it further.
It's not a joke. I've reffed at a lower level and you subconsciously get influenced by things.
Sadly "bigger" clubs get the breaks and the refs/linesmen/fourth official make decisions before the kick off that have a bearing on what happens.
After the game they sit around and make sure that they agree why decisions were made. eg Stoke away where a penalty was given for one reason during the game but the story was changed for the press.
Yesterday 's penalty was a harsh and unfair decision. Not dishonest! I suspect that what happened at Coventry was like Everton's lucky result against Wimbledon a few years back but we won't be able to prove it.

gollum

Dec 29, 2004
Lets not forget the Plymouth cheat who got Harding sent off in August...and the two penalties we should have had at Ipswich...and also remember that earlier in the Gillingham away match Nicholas was denied an obvious pen in the first half...we could go on and on...but don't remember much controversial going in our favour...

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
ben andrews' girlfriend said:
In the last 10 minutes ive heard you call someone "pompous" and another "arrogant"

Having a bad day are we?
Sorry.
My bad day was at Coventry where I am certain something dishonest happened involving the ref.
We won't be able to prove it unfortunately.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
mona said:
Pompous nonsense!

pompous

adj : puffed up with vanity; "a grandiloquent and boastful manner"; "overblown oratory"; "a pompous speech";

Care to explain how my one line post was pompous?

Yes, I still feel as bad about the ref as yesterday. It's not an organised conspiracy, it's just the standard of officiating is woeful and I think refs do go into games with preconceptions about teams and certain players that does influence their performance. The result has been the most appalling series of decisions that has got close to pushing us out of this division.

No one is saying it just happens to us, the penalty that decided the game at Sheffield yesterday was reminscent of the rubbish we've had to put up with constantly recently. Ian Holloway would already be up on GBH charges if he was Brighton manager :)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here