Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

After Bradley Wiggins SMASHES the field to win gold today..

Is Bradley Wiggins our greatest ever sportsman?

• Total voters

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Incidentally, there is money to be made on laying odds on Wiggins. He is a ridiculous 4/6 price.
Oops.

Anyway:
Britain's greatest ever Olympian - Steve Redgrave. 5 golds in 5 games is ridiculous. They don't hand out rowing medals like swimming medals, where you can be 40m champion and 50m champion by breakfast.
Britain's greatest ever sportsman - Bradley Wiggins. :bowdown:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Taking everything into account, Beckham is our greatest ever sportsman without a doubt. Ask any one of the billions of people in Asia or Africawho Wiggins, Thompson or Redgrave are and they wouldn't have a clue. Everyone loves Beckham though, that's got to count for something

:fishing:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Taking everything into account, Beckham is our greatest ever sportsman without a doubt. Ask any one of the billions of people in Asia or Africawho Wiggins, Thompson or Redgrave are and they wouldn't have a clue. Everyone loves Beckham though, that's got to count for something

That's not fishing, it was just a joke.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Given there are only 5 places in the GB men's road cycling team we cannot ALL be Olympians can we?

I wasn't limiting it just to the push bikes but I'm sure if you worked hard enough you could have claimed one of those 5 spots.

By your logic isn't that most sports? Athletics? Just running, jumping and throwing innit? I started that aged 1. Swimming? I could do that age 5, it ain't difficult. Rowing is just a simple movement any 5 year old could be taught.

Yours is a dumb argument and shows a certain ignorance about about the technical, tactical and strategic elements of sport as well.

Oh come off it, how hard can it be running in a circle or chucking a spear or pebble?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I wasn't limiting it just to the push bikes but I'm sure if you worked hard enough you could have claimed one of those 5 spots.

You said ALL. Due to the limit on places we clearly cannot ALL get a ride.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Oh come off it, how hard can it be running in a circle or chucking a spear or pebble?

Out of interest, why are you wasting your time on a 2nd tier footy club chat room? Why are you not ruling the world or rolling around in $100 bills or something? Didn't you try hard enough?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
is anyone else finding this all very tedious?

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Watched every road race and the time trials through Hampton Court and Kingston. I am not really a cycling fan but the atmosphere was unbelievable out there..

Today was superb seeing wiggins fly by got some great pics too...

I think he has to be up there as one of the greatest British sportsmen, but the greatest is maybe a tad to far on current achievements.

Well done Wiggo... he does seem a grumpy and fairly arrogant one though...

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
WRONG thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here