Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

After 17 years..........

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia
I shall be watching an Albion game for the first time on boxing day this year.

I admit to being a bad fan, supported the Albion from 1969 til 1991.

Cant really explain why I stopped going. Arrival of two kids and shortage of money could explain it.

Always look for their scores first and read all I can about them.

However since moving to Spain 4 years ago, started reading NSC and this has rekindled my enthusiasm (honest) for this I must thank you.

As this will be my first trip to Withdean will I :-

Be able to pay 15p at half time to change ends.

Be able to look at the letters in the NW corner and use my programme to catch up on the half times at other matches.

Be able to check my lucky numbers with a board be carries around the pitch by a man on his shoulders.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

The weather may not be what you are used to in Murcia. Might be worth bringing a sombrero to keep the rain off.

Also, just to make you feel at home, look out for our defence taking a siesta sometime during the second half. Possibly when the other team has a free kick or corner.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I know the traditional started in MEXICO but...

It is a shame Hawkins isn't more like one of those Pinata donkeys. We could take turns hitting him with a stick in the hope sweets would fall out.

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia
The weather may not be what you are used to in Murcia. Might be worth bringing a sombrero to keep the rain off.

Also, just to make you feel at home, look out for our defence taking a siesta sometime during the second half. Possibly when the other team has a free kick or corner.

Pissing down with rain at the moment and about 11 degs perhaps I should sit outside and get the wife to shout "Murray you lazy bastard" to get me acclimatised

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Be able to check my lucky numbers with a board be carries around the pitch by a man on his shoulders.

That one thing that has not changed, The board still goes around at half time. My brother has that job:thumbsup:

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia
Murciagull, how much was a match ticket 17 years ago for Boxing day?

You maybe in for a SHOCK

Had a season ticket then so didnt know match day prices, this a time the ticket is a present from my daughter (though after the last few weeks perhaps a pair of socks may have been a better bet)

Price of beer could be a shock though

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Tell him to "KEEP THAT f***ing BOARD DOWN" then.

:jester:

How some things never change, back at the Goldstone where you were standing lower that pitch level, you could not see the game because of that dam board:lol:
But now at Withdean particularly in the south stand they are all way higher it makes no difference , but the chant still goes up, he love's it, was his birthday a few weeks ago and it got announced at half time, but he did not hear it, so as he went round they we shouting happy birthday, and he did not know how they knew bless him :clap2:

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Had a season ticket then so didnt know match day prices, this a time the ticket is a present from my daughter (though after the last few weeks perhaps a pair of socks may have been a better bet)

Price of beer could be a shock though
Think of how much a ticket costs for the shiny new stadium on the outskirts of Murcia and double it. judging from the form this season though the quality of the home team's football should be pretty similar!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here