Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Afghanistan,two more dead.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Firstly, I would like to say Junior, fair play to you and good luck, keep your head down.

Another angle to Afghanistan is that it is a breeding ground for insurgents. Yong Muslims from all over the world, including the U.K. are being radicalised, not just to fight the coalition forces, but to receive training to enable them to return from whence they came and carry out all manner of unspeakeable acts. i.e. it is a training school for those who would love to blow up you and me.

The 'safe haven' is the north west frontier, the boarder with Afghanistan, areas such as Quetta which are the safest place for the Taliban leaders to hide and train 'new recruits, to the cause. So when you see news items about the yanks bombing this area, that is why. The Pakistanis are trying to meet the surge head on from their side, but how can you comapre their forces to ours in terms of quality and training?

U.K. forces are doing their best to fight them in their own backyard in Helmand etc. I have the upmost repsect for them. It must be hell on earth.

Do I think it's worth while? Yes, because it takes the fight to them. Left to their own devices, it would be the biggest 'university' for terrorism there has ever been.

I just wish another soldier does not have to lose their life to achieve the goal.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's always prattled out by politicos that 'we're here til the job is done'. Tho nobody ever explains what 'the job' is. IMHO it's a complete waste of the lives of some very very brave men. Afghanistan will be what Afghanistan will be. What the f*** right do we have to f*** with their destiny? As the Taliban say: 'You have the clocks, but we have the time'. They'll see off all invaders, however long it takes. Its another Vietnam and like the US in Vietnam, we have no business being there. Twenty years down the line, it'll be seen as the doomed exercise it always was.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It's always prattled out by politicos that 'we're here til the job is done'. Tho nobody ever explains what 'the job' is. IMHO it's a complete waste of the lives of some very very brave men. Afghanistan will be what Afghanistan will be. What the f*** right do we have to f*** with their destiny? As the Taliban say: 'You have the clocks, but we have the time'. They'll see off all invaders, however long it takes. Its another Vietnam and like the US in Vietnam, we have no business being there. Twenty years down the line, it'll be seen as the doomed exercise it always was.

Remind of why we went in, was it because they refused to go over to kilograms with their weights and measures or something because I have forgotten now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here