Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AFC Wimbledon

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
The real Dons are second in the blue square south and are atracting home crowds of over 3000! In terms of attendances they are placed at 92nd biggest club in england!

It would be great if they could come back in to the football league and eventually take over MK dons but is the gap between regional conference leagues and the national conference too big? What do you reckon?

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
I dont think it is to big. Many teams have gone up and comfortably stayed up. Histon, Barrow, Salisbury, Kettering etc. I reckon they will be a league club in 4-5 years time.

Btw if they win their game in hand (which is tuesday i believe) they will be top on GD. They [play the season long leaders Chelmsford on saturday i think. Tiltle decider methinks.

Last edited:

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
good luck to them, I would assume it would take a couple of seasons in the Confrence before they mount a promotion push

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
Would be a shame if they get promoted to the BSP and Lewes get relegated to the BSS, as that is one fixture I'd been looking forward to for years...

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
It's kind of sad what happened to Kingstonian but it's great that the dons now have a home and it's not too far from Wimbledon. Did anyone go to the fa cup game in about 1996? They beat us 1 nil i believe!

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
That is a ridiculous suggestion! Why would they want anything to do with them? They are hardly economic rivals!

Sorry that wasn't very clear, i meant take over them in the league!

Oct 25, 2003
i doubt they'll overtake mk dons any time soon, but i think they're capable of getting a place in the league

FC United a shooting up the leagues aswell

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
wow, when im at Crawley we dont get more than 1600

I've got nothing against Crawley at all and i would love to see them go up to league two but for a town the size of crawley their attendance is poor.

If they could attract a larger fan base they could be pretty successfull imo.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
they can definately do it with that sort of support base. where they go once in the FL is probably more open to question. good luck to them either way.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

Btw if they win their game in hand (which is tuesday i believe) they will be top on GD. They [play the season long leaders Chelmsford on saturday i think. Tiltle decider methinks.

Tuesday it is, up at Uncle C's place. Expect a massive crowd on Saturday then, at home to Chelmsford. I posted the table here (post #37)

Video of the hysteria - Page 2 - North Stand Chat

but I'm not allowed to post it again. Why is that, Bozza?

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
FC United's crowds are dropping already, I cannot see them being a League team in the near future.

It's kind of sad what happened to Kingstonian but it's great that the dons now have a home and it's not too far from Wimbledon. Did anyone go to the fa cup game in about 1996? They beat us 1 nil i believe!

Yes, I went down to that one (2-1). Police had truncheons drawn at the end.
I remember how huge the terraces were, but they afforded a poor view as they were too wide in comparison to their thickness.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here