Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AFC Wimbledon Pre Season Friendly

Ray

Jun 19, 2009
Just to update you all - Jordan has got the gig for our programme. Hope you enjoy reading it on the night.

Not going to bite on some of the MK Dons comments, but if any of you need any info about what's in and around Kingsmeadow, feel free to ask.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
don't bother biting Ray, those that 'like' Mk Dongs will might argue 'it was a long time ago' . They've probably forgiven Archer and Bellotti as well

Never said I liked them, I abhor what Koppel did to Wimbledon FC, but the players at MK Dons have nothing to do with that, neither do the staff, the fans that go to watch them every week mostly have nothing to do with what happened. They lived in a huge town with no pro football team, now they have one to watch, why should they be lambasted for that?

Aim your dislike at Koppel, and the current Chairman, and anyone who supported what happened, but not at everyone else. By all means oppose it ever happeneing again, and by all means dislike what happened. As a Brighton fan I feel huge sympathy for the Dons fans, we could so easily have been another MK Dons playing somewhere else if Archer had not been removed and DK had not come along.

It was a massive and unforgivable mistake by the FA for allowing Koppel to do what he did, and for Merton for not providing the Dons somewhere to rebuild in the borough. The FA seemingly never support the smaller clubs any more, their love affair is with the Premier League and selling rights to England games. I don't know enough about LB Merton and why no alternative location was secured, again, we should be gratefull to B&H Council for helping DK and MP to find a site for the new ground.

But I don't hate MK Dons, but I don't wish them any success either. Their fans that we met last season were seemingly genuine, had sympathy for the Dons and what heppened, but they have their own opinion about what happened too, and to that end support the new team. I guess they could have continued supporting ManU, Liverpool, Chelsea without ever going to see them play, but have chosen to watch live football instead.

Oh, and yes, it was a long time ago, not quite as long as when Arsenal sold out and moved up the river, which has now been forgotten. And I will never forget or forgive Archer and Bellotti (EVER) for what they did, but thank goodness we managed to stop him having his will with our club.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I like MK Dons, they have a nice stadium and they are doing a lot better at getting fans to go and watch them in League 1 than any of the other teams!

Ray

Jun 19, 2009
If Jordan Seagull is out there, could he e-mail me urgently please ? (Don't think any message I've sent have reached him ...)

Ta

Bhafcman

1958-Forever
Apr 19, 2009
this is off topic and all but when are tickets available for the worthing friendly?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here