Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AFC Wimbledon Friendly

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I can see the point of your lovely metaphor but i didn't mention Wimbledon at all. They were completely irrelevant in what i said.

Did you go to their ground away this season then? I'm not saying i'm impressed by the club, but by the way it's set up. I didn't say i had changed my opinion of them in the way that i don't dislike them, but because they have such good resources that are wasted on plastic fans. Nothing to do with Wimbledon, they are long gone, and some people need to get over that, the AFC fans certainly will have done when they are back in the Football league.

What has being envious with the setup at MK got to do with who deserves the term "the real Dons"?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i object to the comment "the REAL dons" but i don't want to get into an AFC/MK debate.

so why on earth raise it when it would obviously spark that debate? and why give oxygen to what was obviously a made up rumour. (bugger...)

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Wimbledon are not 'long gone' for me, Whingy old boy. They're alive and well, playing in Kingston, heading back towards league football and still looking, ultimately, to return to the Borough of Merton.

MK on the other hand, are some bastard offspring, a club that has no place in league football, terrific set up or not. Give Frankenstein's monster a smart suit and a nice house, and he's still an abomination.

Edit: And while I'm on this particular soap box, if Winkelman's ambition was for league football in Milton Keynes, why didn't he offer to buy their local non-league team, build a stadium for them and move them upwards organically, as the pyramid was set up for?

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Wimbledon are not 'long gone' for me, Whingy old boy. They're alive and well, playing in Kingston, heading back towards league football and still looking, ultimately, to return to the Borough of Merton.

MK on the other hand, are some bastard offspring, a club that has no place in league football, terrific set up or not. Give Frankenstein's monster a smart suit and a nice house, and he's still an abomination.

Edit: And while I'm on this particular soap box, if Winkelman's ambition was for league football in Milton Keynes, why didn't he offer to buy their local non-league team, build a stadium for them and move them upwards organically, as the pyramid was set up for?

If we're using that analogy, I'd say they're more of a lab experiment, grown in a petrie dish out of the spores of Winkleman's festering cock.

Nov 25, 2008
Block (H)ated
I don't blame you one bit- what they did was a disgrace.
But seeing that stadium and the way they outplayed us, my opinion changed a bit. Obviously this won't be the case if everything with Bloom and Falmer go ahead, but a club like that does not deserve the set up they have there. We'd get 15,000 a game in that ground, where they are scraping 10,000, and most of them turn up in Man United shirts anyway.
I'm not defending them in any way by the way. I hate them, and their plastic supporters, but the way they are set up is pretty damn good for a League One side.

The fact there doing well is what annoys me, if they were still struggling away in league 2 I'd be happier

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
AFC Wimbledon are the true Dons and I hope they get back into the league for the fans.

MK Dons to me are another club entirly. Whilst I disagree with everything that happened, now I just acccept them as a league club and have no strong feelings to them either way

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
AFC Wimbledon are the true Dons and I hope they get back into the league for the fans.

MK Dons to me are another club entirly. Whilst I disagree with everything that happened, now I just acccept them as a league club and have no strong feelings to them either way

Is the correct answer. The way they were set up is no longer a threat as the rules, I believe, have been changed to prevent it.

To all the habitual whingers about this, get over it!!!!!!!

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Well technically MK Dons are the real dons.
But morally, AFC are.

not even really true anymore -

The Football Supporters Federation concluded negotiations between MK Dons and AFC Wimbledon supporters with an agreement that the honours would go to AFC Wimbledon’s home. It also agreed that reference will be only be made to MK Dons since its formation in 2004: that is, they will no longer make any claim on the history of Wimbledon F.C. In return, MK Dons fans will be allowed into the FSF.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
not even really true anymore -

The Football Supporters Federation concluded negotiations between MK Dons and AFC Wimbledon supporters with an agreement that the honours would go to AFC Wimbledon’s home. It also agreed that reference will be only be made to MK Dons since its formation in 2004: that is, they will no longer make any claim on the history of Wimbledon F.C. In return, MK Dons fans will be allowed into the FSF.

plus i should add, it MK Dons were morally NEVER the real Dons, and frankly i am glad the club failed in its promotion bid and want to see it relegated out of the pro leagues and replaced by AFC ideally.

would LOVE this friendly.

smellis

Sep 22, 2008
Ninfield, nr Battle
AFC Wimbledon, the real dons, have done amazingly well in their own right, and good luck to em!
Look at how well they have done the last couple of seasons.
I'd rather we play them than MK Dons.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here