Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] AFC Ajax vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Good performance, great result. Deserved victory.

Lots of positives.

Van Hecke (my MOTM) was well up for this, and he's starting to look the real deal. Showed he was no push over against their big lad - defensively impeccable, obviously learnt a lot from the best (Dunky).

Another solid game from Verbruggen - have so much confidence in him in between the sticks, a real presence.

Fati was outstanding when it mattered - absolutely world class goal and assist.

Dahoud starting to look like a calm, confident and extremely talented player.

A few minor negatives

Mitoma hasn't really been at his best for the European fixtures, I wonder why that is?

The injuries are an obvious concern, but none looked overly serious.

Ferguson has been struggling up on his own recently, perhaps needs a rethink how to use him? Joao Pedro doesn't have the same problem.

All in all, great day. We have a real chance of qualifying now. It's in our hands.

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Screenshot_20231109_194405_X.jpg

Marvellous times to be an Albion fan.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Estupinan was really struggling walking down the steps - dunky looks fine - great night

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Not sure what happened to Pervis there. He seemed pretty static from the moment he came on. Very strange. Just hope it’s not serious.
Other injuries seemed to be Milner, hamstring, Dunk groin, Gross minor hamstring , Ferguson whack on the foot.
Glad we’ve got an international break after Sheffield United.
Also big shifts from Mitoma, Gilmour and Pedro.

The Mole

Feb 20, 2004
Bowdon actually , Cheshire
Good performance, great result. Deserved victory.

Lots of positives.

Van Hecke (my MOTM) was well up for this, and he's starting to look the real deal. Showed he was no push over against their big lad - defensively impeccable, obviously learnt a lot from the best (Dunky).

Another solid game from Verbruggen - have so much confidence in him in between the sticks, a real presence.

Fati was outstanding when it mattered - absolutely world class goal and assist.

Dahoud starting to look like a calm, confident and extremely talented player.

A few minor negatives

Mitoma hasn't really been at his best for the European fixtures, I wonder why that is?

The injuries are an obvious concern, but none looked overly serious.

Ferguson has been struggling up on his own recently, perhaps needs a rethink how to use him? Joao Pedro doesn't have the same problem.

All in all, great day. We have a real chance of qualifying now. It's in our hands.
Another positive from a negative was the way played in the second half without Dunk - as you say fantastic performance from Van Hecke

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
We've done the double over Ajax. That is a sentence I never thought I'd type as a Brighton fan.

Thought JPVH was superb tonight, had a big strong striker to mark and grew into the game and by the end of it certainly had his number. Real shame about the booking (not justified in my opinion) and that he'll miss AEK away.

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
I can't get over how good Ansu Fati is.
We're starting to see why his Barcelona contract contains a €1bn release cause.

[EDIT: had the wrong figure for the release clause]

Last edited:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Great stuff. 1 point away from guaranteeing European football continues after Xmas … or even 0 points unless Ajax win both their remaining games (as we’ve killed them on head to head).

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Poor old Liverpool! Equalised with the last kick only for VAR to disallow it.
And there will be the media story, not us. There is a # that fits well, but not the time or place.

UTA!! Happy days :O

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here