Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Advice please on RTA & claiming damages

Can understand him getting wound up though, the poor bloke just wants a bit of advice and all he gets is (unsurprisingly) the self-righteous brigade jumping on his case automatically assuming it's all his (or his bird's) fault. "Well wear a seatbelt then" ner ner ner ner :wozza: Jesus. Try asking for advice on how you could appeal against an unfair parking ticket on here, you'll be treated in roughly the same vein as a child rapist.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;3239054 said:
Can understand him getting wound up though, the poor bloke just wants a bit of advice and all he gets is (unsurprisingly) the self-righteous brigade jumping on his case automatically assuming it's all his (or his bird's) fault. "Well wear a seatbelt then" ner ner ner ner :wozza: Jesus. Try asking for advice on how you could appeal against an unfair parking ticket on here, you'll be treated in roughly the same vein as a child rapist.

Think a rapist would get off lighter tbh.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
ok, i worked in car insurance, i think you are going struggle to make a claim, your girlfriends insurance is pointless as it was a non fault accident so they simply wont pay out UNLESS she has protected no claims discount, if this is the case then claim on hers as it wont cost her anything come renewal.

As for persuing the cyclist unless they have some form of personal insurance you will struggle but try any old solicitor and they may be able to help. to be honest it sounds like the accident could have been a lot worse and had it been at more of a speed it could have been potentially fatal not just to the cyclist but to passengers. I would get some painkillers for that neck.

Thanks for the advice :smile:

The nurse helpfully told me to rotate paracetamol and ibuprofen every 4 hours, something I didn't know you could do..

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I doubt one claim would double her premiums, if she has 8 years why hasnt she paid a bit extra to protect it.

I may be wrong but if you made a claim against her insurance I cannot see how that effects her excess.

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
also i would add the most likely is that a solicitors wont be succesful which would leave you with the cost of their fees, it could have been much more traumatic for everyone, get well soon fella, and cyclist.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
f*** me, if you know nothing whatsoever about anything why reply?

1) She doesn't need to claim through the insurance. To make ANY kind of claim on the insurance a) means a £500.00 excess and b) will result in losing no claims bonus and c) will drastically cause premiums to rise.
All it's costing is £75.00 for a new windscreen to do independantly.

Explain therefore how it "needs" to go through the insurance?

2) I WAS wearing a seatbelt. Have you ever been in a car crash? Or hit a man with such force as to potentially kill him? I assure you wearing a selt belt and head against the head rest it is quite possible to get whiplash. Or am I making it up? :tosser:

3) "here there’s a claim that a blame." What the f*** does that mean? Why reply, you utter, utter prick.

4) I refer you, AGAIN, to my original post. "There were three witnesses who all gave statements to the police saying they'd seen what happened, additionally the cyclist made a statement to the police saying it was his fault and he had not indicated."

I have been knocked from a motorcycle after being hit by a car, so fully know what it like to be in an accident.

Originally you stated “causing chassis damage on the bonnet."and braking windscreen this indicates damage to both windscreen and bonnet, now new bonnet and re paint is the best part of £500 of anyone’s money, so is this not going to need to be repaired ?
Now your saying only the Windscreen needs repairing, get your story straight.

"where there’s a claim that a blame."
What this means is your mindset that says:
Ohh i've had a accident that was not my fault , so that means i can claim compensation.

OK everyone says its the cyclist fault ands he admits it, it does not mean you have to claim does it ?
Move on forget about it, the cyclist came of worst FFS

No swearing or profanities were used in the construction of this post.

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
f*** me, if you know nothing whatsoever about anything why reply?

1) She doesn't need to claim through the insurance. To make ANY kind of claim on the insurance a) means a £500.00 excess and b) will result in losing no claims bonus and c) will drastically cause premiums to rise.
All it's costing is £75.00 for a new windscreen to do independantly.

Explain therefore how it "needs" to go through the insurance?

but you said
smashing the windscreen and causing chassis damage on the bonnet
which kinda implies you will making a claim to fix the bonnet (though i do wonder how badly a bike can damage a car, not much i'd have thought)

also, it wont or at least shouldn't cause an increase in premiums, if it does go to another insurer at renewal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here