Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

advice needed from gamers

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
but the PC WILL outstrip both of them, it always does in the end.

Cool. So where can I buy Red Dead Redemption, Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted 2, Alan Wake and God of War 3, for the PC?

Oct 25, 2003
Both consoles have their own exclusives (you can't get Halo on a PS3 but you can't get Uncharted on an Xbox) so that simply boils down to whether or not there is any one single game exclusive to the Xbox that you couldn't live without.

are there really people who "couldn't live without" a game?

a GAME?

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
Collosal squid is obviously a fan boy so one-eyed is his analysis. Personally there's little to choose between the consoles. Sony has free online (but this is likely to change) and a blue ray (do you really need a blue ray), 360 better range of games.

The bottom line is that if his mates are all switching (are you sure about this, you know how kids exagerate) then yes he'll be better off switching cos at the end of the day it's about the gameplay, not the graphics or added features.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
I've said it before and said it again:
PS3 = Best multimedia console (i.e blu-ray)
Xbox = Best games console

To be fair comparing the two is stupid anyway as one costs almost £100 dearer than the other.
It's like trying to compare Cadbury's with Lindt......

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Cool. So where can I buy Red Dead Redemption, Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted 2, Alan Wake and God of War 3, for the PC?

Its nothing to do with PS3 exclusives, I love the PS3 and I've always thought the exclusives were great, what I meant is that the PC will carry on going and will never run out of gas, The PS3 and Xbox 360 will eventually be replaced by even more advanced graphical machines than the ones we have already. But the computer has one of the biggest fanboy communities in the world, games that were released 10 years ago still have large followings, Mods are still being made for games that are about six years old.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The PS3 is clearly the better all-round machine.
The Xbox smells of weewee and poopoo.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Colossal Squid what do you think of Amex sponsoring the stadium? Do you think that bluejuice fella should sing Palace songs in his underwear along Village Way?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof

Hmmmm.....well, I've played GOW 1&2 under emulation and wasn't too excited so GOW3 doesn't seem to be too big a miss, Red Dead Redemption looks OK I guess, the others meh and also rely on buying more than one console....the only console games I've really missed out on are Bayonetta and Fable 2.

edit: on the other hand this might just be a knee-jerk reaction post :)

Last edited:

Jamie_Seagull

Jun 22, 2010
Worthing
PS3 every day of the week!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Convincing arguments for the PS3 so far....

- It's quieter (Xbox 360 slim is meant to be just as quiet)
- Online gaming is free (Ignoring the fact Xbox Live is a better all round package)

I think you've sold it to him chaps!

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
ive got both and most of the pros and cons have been mentioned

360 - games , price
ps3 - bluray

what i like abou the ps3 is that you can wirelessly download your films from your pc to your ps3 hard drive so it doesnt freeze etc during peak internet times. dont think you can do that on 360

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
my son has 360 live,plays mainly footy and cod games,but has come home saying,he wants a ps3 instead,as all his mates are apparently changing over(to be confirmed).Now im well happy with it but could you advice as to what is better?im aware that the games are dearer and the choice for ps3 isnt as good,i also have a modded controller and 3 wireless controllers,is it worth really,swapping over

Yes!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

34 posts in, and not one convincing argument why he should fork out £300 on a PS3 when he already has a 360.

Keep trying chaps, you'll get there eventually.

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
Well if he wants to play with his mates then you might as well, but their aren't any extra benefits either way really. (Apart from blu ray)

I did however lose all respect for you after you said you have a modded controller.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Playstation 3. Can't be arsed to have the same usual arguement. It's all about opinions, innit.

Igor Gurinovich?

Mar 27, 2006
Southampton
for me its the ps3
- doubles as a blue-ray player, meaning i didnt have to fork out on a separate device.
- I dont have to pay to download new demos, play online etc (at the moment!)
- titles are region free - which was the big one. i can buy titles i like from the states knowing there are no issues ( with the xbox im not sure thats always the case)

comes down to whether any of the differences are things you are willing to pay for.. if not i'd keep with your xbox if you are happy with it.... until it packs up like mine did..

Tomo1794

Apr 7, 2009
Leighton Buzzard
Is there much point switching over to just play the same games? Fair enough to get exclusives e.g Uncharted but xbox is much better online so I don't really see the logic, especially as blue ray is twice as expensive as DVD.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here