Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

advice needed for getting home tomorrow to haywards heath

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
According to my son you can park near Lewes station very easily and cheap and then get the train back to Lewes even if there is extra time and penalties. He found this out after Sunderland when I had to pick him up at Lewes as there were no trains to HH.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
the specials from falmer don't show in national rail enquiries. surely it would be easier to head to brighton and then you have a number of trains to haywards heath, through til 1116. up to you though dude.

Yeah agreed, why have you got this thing about travelling via Lewes?. Service via Brighton is much more frequent, wiith later trains and better connections.

Gordon Bennett

Sep 7, 2010
We drove to Lewes and got the bus for the Sunderland game but I'm not sure how well it would have worked had the game gone to penalties as the last bus back was about 11-ish and the queue would have been pretty long! Don't think we'll be doing it tomorrow although should be okay for Friday.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
True, but if you miss/cant get on that last train back via Lewes, you will be well stuffed, altrhough the congestion for Brighton bound trains iis greater, you have more choice, and later trains.l

There are 8 trains (ave every 10 mins) after 10.30pm of which the last is 00.17 so the chances of not getting a train to Lewes are virtually nil if you park near Lewes station

WallyBanana

Jan 5, 2007
Haywards Heath
According to my son you can park near Lewes station very easily and cheap and then get the train back to Lewes even if there is extra time and penalties. He found this out after Sunderland when I had to pick him up at Lewes as there were no trains to HH.

I parked in Lewes station car park last time and it didn't cost anything. Is there somewhere you need to pay for this privelage?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
All car parks in Lewes are free after 6pm, no? We used the car park by the flea market, and paid nothing. 2 minute walk from the station, and you dont have to queue to get out the station car park.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I presume the Mid Sussex Seagulls coach is a separate operation from the ones the club run operated by StageDoor I think??

For the Sunderland game I booked the StageDoor one (fiver with a travel voucher) and it worked swimmingly. Left on time, got to the ground nice and early, and we were the first coach out after the away supporters. Was back in Burgess Hill by 2300, not bad considering there was extra time.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I will wind that one in, as it appears they have no space for the Liverpool game.

But still have space for Leeds & Palace, or so it appears.

Seagull Travel | Stage Door Tickets

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
the specials from falmer don't show in national rail enquiries.

Is this the case? Why on earth would they not show extra trains?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here