Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

advice needed for getting home tomorrow to haywards heath

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
it will be my first evening game tomorrow and i just wondered how people did it last time. i had a look at train times and it seems there are no trains from lewes to haywards heath after about 10pm . do you have to go via brighton? obviously imight make it but if it goes to extra time and penos ...... also could be difficult for the leeds and palace games

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Drive to Lewes and park up there, then get the train or bus. I believe there is plenty of parking near the prison, which is handy for the bus.

WallyBanana

Jan 5, 2007
Haywards Heath
I decided to drive to Lewes after waiting nearly an hour for a train after the Gills game. Park in the station and get the train from Lewes. Means not drinking but it's a school night anyway. Will be getting the train via Brighton on Friday though.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Loads of trains back to Haywards Heath from Brighton. Don't go to Lewes. Check out national rail enquiries website and you'll see what time the last train to Haywards Heath is... it's definitely after 11. So you'll have time for a pint or two by Brighton station before heading home!

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
i live in ardingly so will drive to the haywards heath but i suppose i could drive to lewes and train or bus it from there . that wont be an option for leeds or palace though as that will involve excessive alcohol consumption

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
I decided to drive to Lewes after waiting nearly an hour for a train after the Gills game. Park in the station and get the train from Lewes. Means not drinking but it's a school night anyway. Will be getting the train via Brighton on Friday though.

The gills game wasn't representative of the midweek train service, as the club massively underestimated the attendance... the Sunderland game is the benchmark. Even though that went to extra time the trains ran smoothly - in my experience anyway.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
i live in ardingly so will drive to the haywards heath but i suppose i could drive to lewes and train or bus it from there . that wont be an option for leeds or palace though as that will involve excessive alcohol consumption

Why not get the mid sussex seagulls coach?

WallyBanana

Jan 5, 2007
Haywards Heath
The gills game wasn't representative of the midweek train service, as the club massively underestimated the attendance... the Sunderland game is the benchmark. Even though that went to extra time the trains ran smoothly - in my experience anyway.

The train from Falmer to Lewes was fine. It was when we got to Lewes at 21:50 and had to wait till 22:40 for the next train, which then didn't leave till 22:50. That wasn't much fun as I could see people arrive from Falmer walk to the car park and drive home!

Drove to Lewes for the Sunderland match, again trains from Falmer were fine. There's just such a limited service from Lewes that late at night it's not worth it!

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
just had a check . there is one at 2128 that connects then one at 2228 that connects. id imagine the 2128 will be hard to get anyway even after a 90 minute match. the 2228 will be handy if it goes to extra time and penalties. i think they should put another couple on as there are quite a few of us that have to go north after . all the other trains go via brighton with the last at 1116

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
just had a check . there is one at 2128 that connects then one at 2228 that connects. id imagine the 2128 will be hard to get anyway even after a 90 minute match. the 2228 will be handy if it goes to extra time and penalties. i think they should put another couple on as there are quite a few of us that have to go north after . all the other trains go via brighton with the last at 1116

the specials from falmer don't show in national rail enquiries. surely it would be easier to head to brighton and then you have a number of trains to haywards heath, through til 1116. up to you though dude.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

The match will not finish before 21:35 at the earliest without extra time so you will miss the 85th minute winner if you go for the 21:28.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath

oh, no. I tried that straight after sunderland. missed the 2228 and had to go back to brighton

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
I am going to drive to lewes. If I go for the buses, where is the stop, and where do they go back from?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I am going to drive to lewes. If I go for the buses, where is the stop, and where do they go back from?
They stop by the prison and by Waitrose.
Edit, sorry I forgot the stops going back, - opposite Falmer station or up the slip road by the Swan.

Last edited:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Connections were non existant from lewes for the sunderland game, and the queues for Brighton were hurrendous.

We drive down to Lewes for evening cup games now, but League games are fine by train.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here