Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Adverts

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Well, this just happened:-

FullPageAd.jpg

It's a novel approach to encouraging people to post on the forum, I have to say.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Download DuckDuckGo and use that.

I used to use Safari on the mobile, but switched to DuckDuckGo and now do not see ANY adverts.

Problem solved.
A free simple solution, I hope it doesn’t affect income streams for NSC? @Bozza

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Download DuckDuckGo and use that.

I used to use Safari on the mobile, but switched to DuckDuckGo and now do not see ANY adverts.

Problem solved.
A free simple solution, I hope it doesn’t affect income streams for NSC? @Bozza
Well, yes, it absolutely does.

If you don't see adverts NSC doesn't get paid for showing adverts.

All things being well, I do have a chunk of time tomorrow morning with no other demands, so I'll be working through the ad setup then.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Well, yes, it absolutely does.

If you don't see adverts NSC doesn't get paid for showing adverts.

All things being well, I do have a chunk of time tomorrow morning with no other demands, so I'll be working through the ad setup then.
Got to admit, @Bozza, today has been the worst day I've ever experienced on NSC as far as f***ing, f***ing annoying ads go. Was just browsing this thread (ironically enough) for the latest posts when this happened:-

FeckingAd.jpg

I mean, what the ACTUAL f***?

Blinkers

NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2020
I’ve just signed up as a patron. Not because I don’t want the adverts (and I hope my contribution will be worth more than any Ad revenue from not opting out) but because they’re such a drain on the battery of my device. And it makes me feel like I’m making a positive contribution to the upkeep of NSC.

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Got to admit, @Bozza, today has been the worst day I've ever experienced on NSC as far as f***ing, f***ing annoying ads go. Was just browsing this thread (ironically enough) for the latest posts when this happened:-

View attachment 189671

I mean, what the ACTUAL f***?
That's s realy quite something - I've never seen anything like that.

Again - I've not changed anything for some months, so it's not a case of me putting something new and horrible on the site, it will be an existing ad unit behaving differently.

Is that desktop or tablet?

There was another US-based user who had a different horrible experience a month or two back. Unfortunately, as US-based users are the most attractive to advertisers, I think there may always be a chance that you get some targeting that I never see, but I'll do my best to try and stop it if and where I can.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
That's s realy quite something - I've never seen anything like that.

Again - I've not changed anything for some months, so it's not a case of me putting something new and horrible on the site, it will be an existing ad unit behaving differently.

Is that desktop or tablet?

There was another US-based user who had a different horrible experience a month or two back. Unfortunately, as US-based users are the most attractive to advertisers, I think there may always be a chance that you get some targeting that I never see, but I'll do my best to try and stop it if and where I can.
Thanks for the response @Bozza. That was on my desktop at work (although at home last night on my laptop I was getting the same ad).

It was happening for hours yesterday as I dipped in to NSC throughout the day and twice the ad blew up to literally encompass the entire page (see post #42) with no apparent method to close the blasted thing.

I appreciate these things are not in your direct control and it may be beyond your ken to eliminate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here