Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Advertising on NSC

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Pay your £5 and avoid them completely - second best initiative after the 'ignore thread' button.
Quite. For just £5 a month you get
1) Ad free
2) Delete your own posts
3) Change your username
4) A smug sense of superiority.

You can also pay £10 a month which gives you all the above PLUS the ability to look down on the 5 pound Patrons.

Best £10 I ever spent.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Given the issues raised, I'll use Chrome more now, particularly on my phone, to see if I experience the same and then seek to remedy it.

I get the random page reload during scrolling but I use safari on my iPhone. I never have the issue on my windows laptop.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Ads are highly targeted.
Well, I'm not convinced! I've just had a banner add for an outfit called Birthrite Israel; an organisation trying to entice young Jews from across the world on a FREE trip to Israel.

I have never googled or visited any pro-Israeli website (nor any pro-Muslim website for that matter). I have googled when the next pro-Palestinian marches are taking place that's it.

But aside from the Ad promoting Israel (which IMO is totally inappropriate given the ongoing conflict) I have never had any issues with the ads on NSC. They are a "necessary evil" for keeping this excellent site going.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here