Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adults/Halloween/ adults dressing up on general.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I cant stand it..days and days thinking what are you going to wear, money spent needlessly. Then off to the party, 2 minuets of everyone saying you look good then 4 miserable hours spent hot, uncomfortable and feeling awkward before you can get home and take the shit off...the last couple I have been to I have refused to dress up, no body cares or says anything and I enjoy the evening more.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I dont get why everyone creates such a fuss about Halloween, its a load of American nonsense.

Absolutely. There used to be a bit of apple bobbing and pumpkin carving, but that was the extent of it.

I have gone in fancy dress to NYE parties in the past.

Just a word of warning to those who have kids, and they're wearing costumes, that they're not covered by the same fire regulations as ordinary children's clothes. I saw a horrific video recently on how quickly they ignite near naked flames.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
So is it fancy dress for Reading or not then

Seeming one of my Brighton supporting mates is at Reading Uni we're making a night of it, so yes I will probably stuff my ample frame in to a costume I really, really shouldn't be wearing.

The current plan is to go as a "sexy" schoolgirl. :sick:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The last real effort I made was to go as Han Solo Hoth costume. I got all the components in form Amazon and by my own admission, it looked effing awesome. I prob spent about 60 quid on bits and bobs for it. The party was cancelled.

you could wear that out on a cold winters day, so all is not lost. i assume it was a proper blue parka.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i wen to a st georges day fancy dress party a couple of years back the theme was "english tv identities".....i went as jimmy saville...., about 48 hrs later all the shyte started emerging about what he had been up to....:eek::facepalm: FFS , never lived it down.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
you could wear that out on a cold winters day, so all is not lost. i assume it was a proper blue parka.

It was, I had the lot. Blaster holster on the thigh, straps, boots, belt, neck thing, goggles. I was worried I was going to be boiling because the party was supposed to involve a screening of Empire. I thought "I'm gonna roast in this get up".

If I can source one of those creatures he rides ,Tawn Tawn?, I'm set for winter.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I cant stand it..days and days thinking what are you going to wear, money spent needlessly. Then off to the party, 2 minuets of everyone saying you look good then 4 miserable hours spent hot, uncomfortable and feeling awkward before you can get home and take the shit off...the last couple I have been to I have refused to dress up, no body cares or says anything and I enjoy the evening more.

I hear you, I hear you ... lastone I went to someone had spent over £50 on the bloody outfit and they spent the night poncing drinks!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I really fail to understand this huge desire to copy the Americans. We all laugh at their gun laws, are staggered by the amount of overweight kids and adults, despise the crap TV they try to flood us with, and never fail to be gobsmacked with the piece of idiotic Foreign Policy. Yet we follow them like bloody lemmings, Halloween, a card for every day of the week, relation, friend and bl00dy dog sitter you've ever had, terms such as "Awesome", and cars the size of small villages .... please stop, be proud to be English. Celebrate Sussex Day, St George's Day, any day we win at Cricket, but please stop the continual creep for our inclusion as the 53rd State!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
fancy dress parties or dressing up at festivals is a right laugh!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Just a word of warning to those who have kids, and they're wearing costumes, that they're not covered by the same fire regulations as ordinary children's clothes. I saw a horrific video recently on how quickly they ignite near naked flames.

so many bad taste jokes available on that back of this post.....

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I really fail to understand this huge desire to copy the Americans. We all laugh at their gun laws, are staggered by the amount of overweight kids and adults, despise the crap TV they try to flood us with, and never fail to be gobsmacked with the piece of idiotic Foreign Policy. Yet we follow them like bloody lemmings, Halloween, a card for every day of the week, relation, friend and bl00dy dog sitter you've ever had, terms such as "Awesome", and cars the size of small villages .... please stop, be proud to be English. Celebrate Sussex Day, St George's Day, any day we win at Cricket, but please stop the continual creep for our inclusion as the 53rd State!

Starting tomorrow. It's the 210th anniversary of the battle of Trafalgar. Splice the mainbrace.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Bit of a shameless plug here, but I am hosting a Halloween themed quiz night at the Duke of Wellington pub in Brighton this coming Sunday. I say Halloween themed, there is going to be one round with Halloween related questions. Haven't decided yet whether I can be bothered with turning up in an appropriate costume/attire or whether just turning up as myself will suffice for the scary look.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

+1

The whole event is nothing more than a training session for tomorrows yobs and gangsters, all this demanding something with menaces. It is a criminal act and the local Police should have a zero tolerance policy on this and arrest all children for such activities together with their parents for aiding and abetting.

Why should people have to sit in the dark at home in case there is a knock on the door with some snotty kid demanding sweets or your life. It is nothing more than a protection racket.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Not into the dressing up thing personally (or Halloween) but it's always been a big thing at Comicon etc.
The Cosplay Queen has to be Ivy Doomkitty - gorgeous LA girl who shows off her costumes to the max! ;o)
If I could post photos of her from my work PC I would, but I'll have to let someone else do it - if anyone wants to oblige....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here