Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adrian Mutu

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Has lost his appeal to have to pay Chelsea £14.3m for having his contract ripped up after testing positive for cocaine.

That's one expensive line.:eek:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Don't condone what he did but this is a complete joke. Chelsea were not obliged to tear up his contract, they just used this as an excuse to get rid of a player that wasn't as good as they had hoped. Had he been Didier Drogba, I am sure they would have been a more sympathetic employer!!!!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Don't condone what he did but this is a complete joke. Chelsea were not obliged to tear up his contract, they just used this as an excuse to get rid of a player that wasn't as good as they had hoped. Had he been Didier Drogba, I am sure they would have been a more sympathetic employer!!!!

Much as I don't like to make excuses for Chelsea they knew that the guy had a problem and was thus a liability. Undoubtedly had he been Drogba they probably would have wanted to rehabilitate him but on the other hand they paid a fair bit of money for him and undoubtedly paid him a lot of money so I can see their point. Of course how do they go about getting their money back ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here